C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Eurocharged Holiday Tuning Special for the C320 !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
hmmm Yummy Stuff should i get me an Early Christmas Gift?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'02 C320 Wagon, '78 308 GTS, '06 Highlander Hybrid
So has anyone taken advantage of this? Any feedback?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
I also want to know if we can send in our ecu's a little after xmas.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:52 PM

Still interested in this.

Feedback anyone...anyone???
Old 12-17-2009, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
will this work for a c240?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230
Originally Posted by AdidasC230
Do you have a tune for the C230 with the M272 V6
Same Question...2006 V6 here. If so what are the gains?
Old 12-22-2009, 11:55 PM

No response from the seller and no feedback...guess I'll pass.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:35 AM

2003 C320 4Matic
any shot extending this deal through the holidays? i've gotta drive my car back from the relatives house before i'd be able to ship out the ECU and that won't be until after the start of January?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
Originally Posted by 03MBC320
any shot extending this deal through the holidays? i've gotta drive my car back from the relatives house before i'd be able to ship out the ECU and that won't be until after the start of January?

Yes we do offer tunes for the C240 and the C230 v6
Old 12-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
Are the C230 ECM tunes E85 compatible? I have yet to find anyone that tunes the 07 2.5L M272 ECU that is E85 capable.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by hanknum
No response from the seller and no feedback...guess I'll pass.
Hey hanknum,

For the 320 you might not get gains that the m272 will. I believe this is due to the m112 being SOHC 3 Valves per Cylinder VS the m272 which is DOHC and 4 Valves per Cylinder and I think the most significant is the airbox. The m272 will gain 20hp with just a tune but I believe the m112 might gain 10hp but if you mod the airbox you can too reach 20hp (estimated).

Since the m272 guys over at the w204 forum said they felt insane difference especially on high speeds I have a feeling you might too. The most important of these tunes are throttle responce. Almost everyone who has got a tune has mentioned how much the throttle responds better and I don't think this is because of the added hp but because of the tune.

I'm trying to figure out a way to boost my c350 so I'm going to pass on this tune at the moment but for 300 dollars it is really worth it. Also I don't know if they operate like Kleemann who offers a free reflash (if ECU was overwritten by dealer) as long as you pay shipping.

Good Luck,

Karo
Old 12-26-2009, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by hanknum
I'm a little confused here...from a more than a few threads here, I got the general impression that ECU chips/flash didn't really provide much increase. On supercharged or turbocharged engines, they can make a big difference - mostly by increasing boost. But, on normally aspirated engines it seemed that with changing the fuel or timing mapping, the increases were minimal. It seems that everyone who has responded here are very positive about this. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Is this a new company, do you have dyno results, do you offer any guarantee? I don't want to be a naysayer, but please provide more info.
How do you plan on increasing boost on a supercharger with just an ECU flash? Turbochargers manage boost with wastegates that are set to specific pressure points manually or electronically (electronic wastegates rely on a boost controller and not the ecu)... you wouldn't need to modify the ecu to gain boost on a turbocharger. You would need to modify the fuel/air/timing maps to gain maximum efficiency out of the additional boost, hence the necessity of the flash. Superchargers produce a set amount of boost by the speed and efficiency in which the fans can put pressure against the valves in the head. This is something that is very mechanically set, you won't gain boost unless you modify the drive ratio (aka over driving the fans with an overdrive pulley) or by replacing the fans/blades for more efficient versions. But you wouldn't be able to accomplish additional boost this way with an ecu flash. I guess in rare systems you could waste gate a supercharger by venting the head? but I am not sure what sort of performance you would expect to get in doing so...

You are going to gain a lot of performance (forced induction or N/a) out of a flash. More importantly, if the flash is made with existing mods in mind you can extract more horsepower out of those mods. Your car has been bred out of the factory with a very timid understanding of its potential... manufactures have to take in account longevity of parts and fuel economy. Additionally they often take a single program for every car they produce which could have varying tolerances and these variances must be accounted for by modest fuel/air/timing maps. Additionally, you can flash a vehicle to more precise timing (advanced a few degrees) and it will make better use of the energy in fuel. By doing so, you will eliminate your ability to use lower octane fuels which the manufacture wanted to market the vehicle for and gain more horsies. You can also flash a vehicle to move rev limiters (get rid of the 4k idle limit), you can flash a vehicle to disengage the EGR (which will add ponies on the highway). Meh, i'm done.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by johnand
Are the C230 ECM tunes E85 compatible? I have yet to find anyone that tunes the 07 2.5L M272 ECU that is E85 capable.
that's because ethanol is a dream and a stupid one at that...

There is alot to consider when dealing with E85, the fact is that the air fuel mixtures are so vastly different (gasoline 14.7:1, e85 9.79:1) that most mappers won't waste their time doing both. The fuel injectors have to push approx 25% more fuel when firing e85. This is because e85 has approx 25% less power than gasoline. YES IT TAKES 25% MORE E85 to push the car the same distance as gasoline, e.g. what gasoline does in a gallon, e85 takes 1.25 gallons. In addition to this, e85 has high knock resistance but is highly susceptible to pre ignition.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by tremere
How do you plan on increasing boost on a supercharger with just an ECU flash? Turbochargers manage boost with wastegates that are set to specific pressure points manually or electronically (electronic wastegates rely on a boost controller and not the ecu)... you wouldn't need to modify the ecu to gain boost on a turbocharger. You would need to modify the fuel/air/timing maps to gain maximum efficiency out of the additional boost, hence the necessity of the flash. Superchargers produce a set amount of boost by the speed and efficiency in which the fans can put pressure against the valves in the head. This is something that is very mechanically set, you won't gain boost unless you modify the drive ratio (aka over driving the fans with an overdrive pulley) or by replacing the fans/blades for more efficient versions. But you wouldn't be able to accomplish additional boost this way with an ecu flash. I guess in rare systems you could waste gate a supercharger by venting the head? but I am not sure what sort of performance you would expect to get in doing so...

You are going to gain a lot of performance (forced induction or N/a) out of a flash. More importantly, if the flash is made with existing mods in mind you can extract more horsepower out of those mods. Your car has been bred out of the factory with a very timid understanding of its potential... manufactures have to take in account longevity of parts and fuel economy. Additionally they often take a single program for every car they produce which could have varying tolerances and these variances must be accounted for by modest fuel/air/timing maps. Additionally, you can flash a vehicle to more precise timing (advanced a few degrees) and it will make better use of the energy in fuel. By doing so, you will eliminate your ability to use lower octane fuels which the manufacture wanted to market the vehicle for and gain more horsies. You can also flash a vehicle to move rev limiters (get rid of the 4k idle limit), you can flash a vehicle to disengage the EGR (which will add ponies on the highway). Meh, i'm done.
Are you by any chance related to a member here named Glyn (Glyn M Ruck)?
Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
And for anyone in the SF Bay Area, Eurocharged will be here in Fremont on January 9th doing custom dyno tunes. Maybe you can just stop by and get a reflash....
Old 12-27-2009, 05:42 PM

Marsaydees
Originally Posted by tremere

there's an error in your first paragraph. the ecu controls the boost controller which is connected to the wastegate. wastegates are purely mechanical on turbochargers.

explain to me how the supercharged cobalt ss gets more boost from a reflash...it's because the boost controller bleeds off boost at a certain level, and it's electronically controlled.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Karo
Hey hanknum,

For the 320 you might not get gains that the m272 will. I believe this is due to the m112 being SOHC 3 Valves per Cylinder VS the m272 which is DOHC and 4 Valves per Cylinder and I think the most significant is the airbox. The m272 will gain 20hp with just a tune but I believe the m112 might gain 10hp but if you mod the airbox you can too reach 20hp (estimated).

Since the m272 guys over at the w204 forum said they felt insane difference especially on high speeds I have a feeling you might too. The most important of these tunes are throttle responce. Almost everyone who has got a tune has mentioned how much the throttle responds better and I don't think this is because of the added hp but because of the tune.

I'm trying to figure out a way to boost my c350 so I'm going to pass on this tune at the moment but for 300 dollars it is really worth it. Also I don't know if they operate like Kleemann who offers a free reflash (if ECU was overwritten by dealer) as long as you pay shipping.

Good Luck,

Karo
Thanks Karo. We'll have to wait and see...don't know what I'm going to do right now.

Have a happy and safe New Year.

Henry