C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Advice re: partsbin.com order (brake sys related)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230
Advice re: partsbin.com order (brake sys related)

I have a dilemma with thepartsbin.com about my recent online order done 11/24/09. I ordered Zimmerman front and rear rotors, akebono rear ceramic brake pads and hawk ceramic brake pads.
I paid using paypal and even confirmed if the order was processed via chat with a partsbin online support cust service.

This afternoon, partsbin called me and said they did not receive a payment from paypal thus canceling my orders. I check paypal and there was no transaction made with partsbin. So, they asked me if I want to pay using my credit card so I said yes but the problem was, the Hawk Ceramic front Brake Pads are already out of stock and they cant find a ceramic brake pad that will fit an amg brake system or even price match a different brand.

What do you think should I do, I got an order number from partsbin so that means my order was properly placed the first time but I did not get a transaction number from paypal. I know they messed up the order and now, the hawks are out of stock. Who should I go after? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Not much you can do, assuming you received all your funds back or your funds were never sent, no damage was done.

PayPal will always send a transaction number via e-mail if a payment was sent or received.

You can wait until they have stock again or move onto another company, not much to go after.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 PM

'05 C230
I was afraid Im gonna see this answer. I just probably cant accept the fact that I was screwed. Ive been driving with my brake warning light on for about 500 miles now and now I have to wait 6-7 more days for shipping.

I just dont understand how partsbin didnt get the money from paypal, I dont have any pending transactions so I know I have funding.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 PM

'05 C230
I was afraid Im gonna see this answer. I just probably cant accept the fact that I was screwed. Ive been driving with my brake warning light on for about 500 miles now and now I have to wait 6-7 more days for shipping.

I just dont understand how partsbin didnt get the money from paypal, I dont have any pending transactions so I know I have funding.