C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Possible Comand Purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo
its from an 05 C55 amg USA. I didn't hook everythign up as that day i wanted to make sure the unit itself works which now i know does.

Yep i know about the burning of the hackdvd... Not a huge deal.......I just like the look of the euro one a little better than I do with the one i have.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:50 AM

2007 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by OverDrive
its from an 05 C55 amg USA. I didn't hook everythign up as that day i wanted to make sure the unit itself works which now i know does.

Yep i know about the burning of the hackdvd... Not a huge deal.......I just like the look of the euro one a little better than I do with the one i have.
You have a PM...
Old 12-03-2009, 01:31 PM

2007 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by acr2001
Yes, Yes, and no, the nav should work out of the box, it just wont appear on the cluster display until you have that coded. In some rare cases the comand unit will not work in your car until it is coded (this is usually true if your car has an open fiber loop with nothing on it - if you have no audio options.). The camera is the only difference I know of on the G class unit - but there is one other - the clock works differently and on my unit shows the wrong time (off by an hour) because I have not had it coded. The cluster still shows the correct time. The sticky you're looking at is probably for the pre 05 unit which is different.
Whats the coding process? Just take it up to a dealer and tell them I need my car coded for the nav?

Wonder if there will be an issue with this... i know how finicky the stealerships can be...
Old 12-03-2009, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by 07 Benz
Whats the coding process? Just take it up to a dealer and tell them I need my car coded for the nav?

Wonder if there will be an issue with this... i know how finicky the stealerships can be...
It's pretty straight forward. You will have to ask the dealer to "set comand to active in the gauge cluster". That *should* be all that they need to do.

There is one exception: If you have an open fiber loop in your car (meaning you have NO audio option - no cd changer, no satellite radio, no HK sound, no phone system). If you have NONE of those things and that comand unit is configured for a vehicle with an active fiber (MOST) loop then it may not boot up after you install it. This is not a problem as they dealer will simply have to additionally version code the comand unit for your MOST bus. You might want to ask OverDrive if the unit worked in his car without anything plugged into the MOST connectors on the back. It's really not a big deal either way.

It should not be an issue at a competent dealer. If it is I can find the official instructions on how to do it and you can take those to the dealer, but that really shouldn't be necessary.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:36 PM

2007 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by acr2001
It's pretty straight forward. You will have to ask the dealer to "set comand to active in the gauge cluster". That *should* be all that they need to do.

There is one exception: If you have an open fiber loop in your car (meaning you have NO audio option - no cd changer, no satellite radio, no HK sound, no phone system). If you have NONE of those things and that comand unit is configured for a vehicle with an active fiber (MOST) loop then it may not boot up after you install it. This is not a problem as they dealer will simply have to additionally version code the comand unit for your MOST bus. You might want to ask OverDrive if the unit worked in his car without anything plugged into the MOST connectors on the back. It's really not a big deal either way.

It should not be an issue at a competent dealer. If it is I can find the official instructions on how to do it and you can take those to the dealer, but that really shouldn't be necessary.
I don't have any of those options... Overdrive can you comment on this?

So "coding" can fix either/both problems if needed?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:22 PM

Volvo
Ya the USA Double CD unit (One Navi Drive and One Standard CD rom drive) The Only wires i hook up were

CANbus high
CANBus low
CD Changer +
CD Changer -
D2B Wakeup

After those were hooked up.. Unit powered up and remained on.... (Some Command units will boot up but after 15 seconds shutdown since they can't detect the most system)
Now if you have a comand system doing this you can buy this
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/produc...cat=269&page=1

Right now im working on wiring for the speakers systems
Old 10-22-2014, 03:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212
Cool retrofit for W203.