C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Drove the new BMW 330Ci.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by FrankW
but it does works better than the over-engineered cupholder in most of the MB. Have you seen the one in the S-class, they are beautifully designed, but very crappy made. It feels like you can just break'em like some twig.

How can the 3 series cup holders not work good, its ****e* 2 holes cut out in the middle of no where, its not possible to break them. IMHO i love the MB cupholders, people actually compliment them, and its not nice to see them if for some reason thet get dirty or sticky. I happen to love the MB cup holders simply becuase i woulden't dare bring a drink in my car so i have no use for the cup holders. Thats why i like them hidden. But yet there there to impress. And they do fit 2 cups fine as long as u dont put big gulps in there.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by bagwell
the C230 Coupe interior is better looking than the 330Ci interior ???!!! P L E A S E !!!!!

I like the 330 interior(s)...I like the RED interior liting a LOT better than the blah amber in my C320....other than that I think they're both pretty much equal.

its a Benz....where's the wood ??!!
yes to me and obviously alot of other people the C230 coupe interior is nicer than the 3 series. I know this simply from 2 people i know that have 3 series like my interior better.

I cant stand the red interior lighting, i always wonderd why anyone would like it.

Please dont ask whers the wood, and how is it necissary in a Benz? and if you would like wood on the couple its avalible. IMHO if its a benz and needs wood why doesen't any AMG model come with it? same goes for the CLK430 and the SLK230.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K
i wouldn't mind if the aluminum was a little less textured, and a bit more smoothe. that would be nice.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
IMHO if its a benz and needs wood why doesen't any AMG model come with it? same goes for the CLK430 and the SLK230.
Uh, nearly all AMG cars come with wood. So does the CLK430, you should know since you own one.

Just giving you a hard time, but it's true.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by Matt230K
Uh, nearly all AMG cars come with wood. So does the CLK430, you should know since you own one.

huh, the C36/C43 does not come with wood, neaither does the C32, SLK32, SL55.

Btw- when i think of wood i think of a brown color thats why i never think of my CLK430 having woos. It really does not strike someone as wood. but technicly it is your right.

here a pic. to me i just think of it as a black finish but its only woodsy when in the sun. Still when i think of wood i would want a brownish color.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
huh, the C36/C43 does not come with wood, neaither does the C32, SLK32, SL55.
Okay, the C32 and SLK32 do not come with wood. But the SL55 does, it can come with either wood or aluminum. So that's two models without wood and many others with wood.

As for the black birdseye maple that you have, I love that. It's my favorite wood and I would take it over brown anyday. I wonder how it would look in my coupe.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Red lighting in the Beemer looks like a Pontiac...come to think of it, the styling of the two cars is getting rather similar. And the BMW cupholder looks like a GM parts bin design. Small, cheap buttons on the radio remind me of a Ford. The BMW aluminum looks like painted plastic.

Seats in the BMW were nicer, but the interior overall doesn't have that same "wow" factor as in the MB.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Okay, the C32 and SLK32 do not come with wood. But the SL55 does, it can come with either wood or aluminum. So that's two models without wood and many others with wood.

As for the black birdseye maple that you have, I love that. It's my favorite wood and I would take it over brown anyday. I wonder how it would look in my coupe.
Well the C32, SLK32, SL55 and CLK55 can all have no wood, thats a good amount of the AMG models.

The birdseye maple is nice, but so so so hard to keep not dusty. After one cleaning the next day its dusty again. I would like to see it on the C230 though.

Outland, i agree with u on that BMW/Pontiac thing.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:15 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter

it's about half and half. S, CL, G, and the ML AMGs come with wood trims standard. C, SLK, CLK, E, and the SL come with aluminium trim standard. For the SL for sure it can have the wood trim as an option, not sure about the E.

C36 and C43 DID came with wood trim in the US market.

btw, BMW's interior lights are ORANGE, not RED like the AUDI.

Outland, don't get me started on how some of the stuff in the C-class are first grade cheap ***. Just because the buttoms in Bimmer are small, doesn't mean they are cheaply made.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ah, huh-huh, got wood

Beavis- There's a bunch of guys talking about each others wood.

Ok, the e46 looks like a GM parts bin? The spring loaded nubs nicely hold a drink, and the center console is cleverly designed, easy to access, and stylishly covers the rear cup holder. The two bins in the MB console are difficult to access from the drivers seat, either to open or retrieve something from them.

No matter how you slice this, it is completely subjective to person tastes. However, my 00' e46 is NO WHERE NEAR as cheap feeling as my MB buttons. There is not a single button on my MB that is properly alligned. Including the radio buttons I rarely use because I use the controls on the wheel. The two rows of buttons on either side of the Hazzards button, are so off my 72 y/o grandmother asks WTF was wrong with them. I asked what she meant, she said it looked like a child put them together, I looked over, and not a one of them was straight. So in the words of my blind redneck g-mom, WTF?

I wood have ordered wood, wood MB have offered it for the 02' sports coupe when I ordered mine in Feb, 02.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

btw, BMW's interior lights are ORANGE, not RED like the AUDI.
I just went and looked, I would say it is rather red, at least by direct comparison to my yellow/orange ugly as sin lights in my MB.

Outland, don't get me started on how some of the stuff in the C-class are first grade cheap ***. Just because the buttoms in Bimmer are small, doesn't mean they are cheaply made.
Maybe it is because I am on the "way below average age side" of the average age of an MB owner, but whats wrong with small buttons? Do you have those ganny phones from radio shack with the 1.5"x1.5" buttons. I don't see the need.

To MB's defence, I DO enjoy driving my Coupe more. Yet, the WTF F***** SOB POS blinds spots allowed my neighbor and I to back into one another this afternoon. Ironically, he has a CRX with the same fuggin blind spots. I am trading in my coupe for a sedan, WTF. No real damage though, just scuffed the bumper.

Last edited by nukblazi; 03-11-2003 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:02 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by nukblazi
I just went and looked, I would say it is rather red, at least by direct comparison to my yellow/orange ugly as sin lights in my MB.

Maybe it is because I am on the "way below average age side" of the average age of an MB owner, but whats wrong with small buttons? Do you have those ganny phones from radio shack with the 1.5"x1.5" buttons. I don't see the need.

it's orange according to BMW...lol

btw, is that second comment towards me or outland?? if it's towards outland, QUOTE HIM, don't quote me.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:14 PM
J P

It's all bias and/or subjective. On E46Fanatics, most say the C-Class interior doesn't look as nice & vice-versa on here. As I said, all editorials have the 2 closely rated in interior materials, fit & finish, etc.

I've come to realize most people don't know what they're talking about or are just biased/prejudiced. I never bother to ask what people on E46Fanatics think of the C-Class because I know their answers are often uneducated and/or ignorant when it comes to non-BMWs.

Even though I love E46Fanatics, there is huge bias just like there is on this board & every other board.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:27 PM

2002 C230K
the coupe has blind spots?

everybody who has sat behind the wheel of my coupe has beenr aving about how wonderful it is to have no blind spots.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)

It wasn't just the buttons. Call it personal preference or whatever you want, but I didn't like the 3 series interior. I'm 6feet tall, not super tall by anymeans, but the car just felt cramped and tight... The dash top plastic has that really ugly overwrought fake organic texture- that same stuff is used in old Saturns. Looks like elaphant skin...and yes, the BMW cupholder is very GM.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Well like someone else said, we all got our own personal taste and we cant change the way people feel about things. I personally like the MB interiors alot better than any BMW but its all personal preference.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by J P

Even though I love E46Fanatics, there is huge bias just like there is on this board & every other board.
I'm sure that's true.

How about this...what do you consider a car with a nice interior...and the C Class and 3series are not in your choices....

I think the MINI Cooper has about the nicest interior of any car in its price range...lotsa nice touches, great design...a few bits of bling bling here and there to keep the nostalgic look going. The Center Speedo is a PITA, but its there for nostalgic reasons, not for sightlines The S version ruins it a bit with some really fakey looking printed skins on the dash that are supposed to look like rough ground metal, but just look silly to me.

Both generation CLK Interiors are nice to me...although the older one looks more austere but more expensive. The Audi A4 and TT are also two more of my favorites.

What about you?
Old 03-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by Outland
I'm sure that's true.

How about this...what do you consider a car with a nice interior...and the C Class and 3series are not in your choices....

I think the MINI Cooper has about the nicest interior of any car in its price range...lotsa nice touches, great design...a few bits of bling bling here and there to keep the nostalgic look going. The Center Speedo is a PITA, but its there for nostalgic reasons, not for sightlines The S version ruins it a bit with some really fakey looking printed skins on the dash that are supposed to look like rough ground metal, but just look silly to me.

Both generation CLK Interiors are nice to me...although the older one looks more austere but more expensive. The Audi A4 and TT are also two more of my favorites.

What about you?
If you want my opinion, i dont know if u did but i will give it anyway. My sister has an 02' Jetta 1.8T and to me the interior has very nice fit any finish. The dashboard is quite flat and long, but the rest of it looks nice, no squeaks or rattles. The Monsson HU is also a nice touch. Is it the nicest interior in the world? No, Far from it. But for a 24k car its not to bad for being more than 50 Mexican.

Btw- To me my 02' CLK has a classic MB look to the inside. I like it, even though its getting a little outdated compared to my C230 even for being the same year car, But forgetting that, its a pretty comfortable interior with easy to use controls.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:58 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
within the price range, my beetle has a pretty good fit and finish.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:58 PM

the 2003 330i has a 6Speed, 330ci still has the 5speed

FYI, those figures are for a MANUAL TRANSMISSION.
And something new for 2003 is that the 330i SEDAN has a 6SPEED Gear Box, and the 330ci still has the 5SPEED.

This is not a miss-print.

Originally posted by Iceman's C230

I also found the 2003 Full line brochure on the back seat of his car. I was looking at some numbers and found this:

320i 0-60 in 8.7
325i 0-60 in 7.6
330i 0-60 in 6.8
330Ci 0-60 in 7.5

What i dont understand is why is the 4door 330i faster than 2door 330Ci. They have the same engine. But the sedan is faster.

Also those numbers are not too far off the C230k numbers. At the end of the day i was still happy that i had my c230.

Now my friend is bugging me to get into the new Z4.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

it's orange according to BMW...lol

btw, is that second comment towards me or outland?? if it's towards outland, QUOTE HIM, don't quote me.
well, maybe I am color blind, but that s*** looks red.

I quoted you meaning to agree with you. The do you have granny buttons on your phone was meant as a general statement regarding disliking small buttons.

Honestly, I've disliked most interiors these days. I like to feel locked into the car, not like I am on a couch going down the road. The Mini S seats are nice, but all the plastic feels cheap, and there's no freakin armrest. I think of any car I've driven, I disliked the feel of the TT the most, and liked the feel of an 02' M Roadster the best.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:34 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Re: the 2003 330i has a 6Speed, 330ci still has the 5speed

Originally posted by toocute2xist
And something new for 2003 is that the 330i SEDAN has a 6SPEED Gear Box, and the 330ci still has the 5SPEED.

I believe those are misprints because BMWUSA posted 6.4/7.0 sec 0-60 time for the 330Ci and 6.9/7.5 sec for the 330Ci convertible. 330i has the same time as the 330Ci.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:42 AM
J P

Re: the 2003 330i has a 6Speed, 330ci still has the 5speed

Originally posted by toocute2xist

1. Those figures are for 0-100 km/h NOT 0-60 mph. The 0-60 time for the 330i is officially 6.4 s (most mags have 6.1 s), not 6.8 s

http://www.bmwusa.com/site_layout/mo...2_techdata.cfm

2. 7.5 s is 0-100 km/h for a 330xi (awd), not 330Ci (coupe). Check the link below, it's the xi's time. The original poster confused the xi & Ci, the coupe & sedan 0-100 km/h times are both 6.8 s

http://www.bmw.ca/automobiles/model_...D=5&seriesID=1

Last edited by J P; 03-13-2003 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by dswildfire
the coupe has blind spots?

everybody who has sat behind the wheel of my coupe has beenr aving about how wonderful it is to have no blind spots.
Ok, I am not 6 foot tall. I am 5'8. Plus I sit with the seat as low as possible, and the stearing wheel as low and as close as possible to the dash. Now when I sit in the car, look over my right shoulder, I see a whole lotta C pilar and hatch frame.

I stated earlier that I enjoyed driving the coupe more then the e46, part of the reason is that the seats allow me to sit the way I like to, the way I am physically most comfortable. I trade off for the blind spot.

When I test drove the coupe, I sat in it and almost got right out. It took a while for me to adjust to the interior. I just prefer the styling of the e46, organic matt crap, and walnut wood trim, ergonomics of shifter, gauges, GM like cup holders and all. Then again I grew up on chevy's. What do you expect?
Old 03-13-2003, 04:45 AM

2002 C230K
Originally posted by nukblazi
Ok, I am not 6 foot tall. I am 5'8. Plus I sit with the seat as low as possible, and the stearing wheel as low and as close as possible to the dash. Now when I sit in the car, look over my right shoulder, I see a whole lotta C pilar and hatch frame.

I stated earlier that I enjoyed driving the coupe more then the e46, part of the reason is that the seats allow me to sit the way I like to, the way I am physically most comfortable. I trade off for the blind spot.

When I test drove the coupe, I sat in it and almost got right out. It took a while for me to adjust to the interior. I just prefer the styling of the e46, organic matt crap, and walnut wood trim, ergonomics of shifter, gauges, GM like cup holders and all. Then again I grew up on chevy's. What do you expect?
well, i'm not 6 feet tall either. actually, i'm 5'6", and i rarely have to look over my right shoulder that far, because my mirrors are set with minimum overlap, so by the time the rear end of even a small car is leaving the side mirror view, i can already see it to the side of me.

and i'm not criticizing the styling of the bimmer, i actually prefer the styling of the last gen 7 series. now those cars were formidable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Drove the new BMW 330Ci.