C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

To Those with an Aftermarket HU on an 05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230 Kompressor Coupe
To Those with an Aftermarket HU on an 05

Hey guys, need help with the 05+ sound system. About to get a bonus, so I'm tryin to upgrade to a Pioneer HU from the Harmon and Kardon system, and I was wondering which wiring harness works for my car. I'm having such a hard time to find the correct one, so if someone can point me in the right direction, I'll be truly grateful.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
as far as i know you will need to run all new speaker wire from either the hk amp or to each speaker. as for the other wireing i am sure there is an adapter cable that works with your car for the power and other things. GL
Old 01-24-2010, 10:54 PM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
Why would I need a new wire for each speaker and amp and why would I need to power up something?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
ok the speaker wire because in hk and bose systems the audio is sent over fiber to the amp and the amp through coper wire to each seaker. the amp is in the trunk. since the new unit you buy does not have fiber out you have to run the spaker wire to either each spekaer or to amp area so you can tap into the speakers from there. i assume you want power from the stock wiring that plugs into your current stereo unit so you can get an adapter loom to take the old conections and put it out to wires you can tap into without cutting your stock connections up. also if you have any other most things they will no longer work with your new hu like cd changer and teleaid. with the hk cars it is alot harder to downgrade your hu to some aftermarket unit. if you didint have the hk it would be just like any other car becase the hu powers the speakers so you can tap into them from behind the unit. personly i would stick with your current unit or upgrade to command if you don't have it but the choice is yours. there is alot about this if you search hope i have helped GL

Last edited by samaritrey; 01-24-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:01 AM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
Okay, so there is a collection of wires for each speaker in the amp area that I'm gonna have to connect to and also another source of power other than where the stock HU got it's power from? And also, how do I find a way to connect a HU to the fiber optic cables, since you said I can't tap into them?

Is there a specific wire harness or other equipment I can get to do this?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

THE C350
There is no way to connect a aftermakret unit to the fiber cables. you can use the stock wiring harness that powers your hu now i would just recomend you get a adapter so you don't have to cut the oem wiring harness.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:02 PM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
Originally Posted by samaritrey
There is no way to connect a aftermakret unit to the fiber cables. you can use the stock wiring harness that powers your hu now i would just recomend you get a adapter so you don't have to cut the oem wiring harness.
Okay, so what kind of wiring harness or adapter do I get? I'm assuming that you've done this before or know how to specifically do it?