C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

All people getting COMAND from Steve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
All people getting COMAND from Steve

I need some opinions as to what options you guys were getting from Steve when he gets here with the comands. Is it better to get the RGB or to get a TV tuner? WIth TV tuner can you stiill watch while in motion? I know with RGB you can watch dvd's in motion right?
For those of you getting RGB are you going to purchase a aftermarket dvd player and if so what kind and where are you planning on mounting it(glovebox?)? or would you guys recommend getting a ps2 since it will play dvd's anyways. but will a ps2 skip while driving?
Also what are the pros and cons between the RCAs and the headphone jack for the Aux connection? I mean you can adapt either one with a simple wire that converts headphone jack to RCA right? so if the RCA is cheaper why would someone choose the headphone jack?
Does anyone have a TV tuner hooked up to their COMAND? if so can you tell us whether it picks up the channels clearly and how many stations do you get?
Old 03-26-2003, 06:27 AM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
As far as I know you won't be able to see TV while the car is moving more than 5-10 miles/hour. From where I live its pretty much impossible to ask the dealer to turn the safety feature off coz its illegal to do so, however I was lucky to persuade my salesmen to turn the safety feature off when we bought a C32 so that I can watch TV while the car is moving.
I think if you hook up any dvd or PS2 to your Comand using RGB it will probably won't show any pictures while the car is moving altho you'll be able to hear it. You have to turn the safety feature off to be able to see any TV/DVD while the car is moving. I'm quite sure about this altho I'll be glad if somebody can prove me wrong .

I've already bought a portable DVD/VCD/MP3 player for my Comand, all I need is another way around without involving the dealer to turn that damn safety feature off. I won't get RGB until then.

If you travel alot where tall buildings exists, the reception is really poor, sometimes its just static altho you can hear the sound. but in other areas (without tall buildings around) reception quality is really good.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
I bought a DVD player with a TV tuner for the trunk...I couldn't find one to fit in the glove box with CD chgr.

I think I'm going to give up on connecting it tho...RGB is supposedly like $300+ !!!!!???????
Old 03-26-2003, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I'm just wondering when a newer version of Comand will come out. The current one seems a bit outdated.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by davidhung78
Is it better to get the RGB or to get a TV tuner? better or cheaper are two completely different things which might help making up your mind
WIth TV tuner can you stiill watch while in motion? NO
I know with RGB you can watch dvd's in motion right? YES
Also what are the pros and cons between the RCAs and the headphone jack for the Aux connection? The best connector depends on what you want to plug into the AUX socket
I mean you can adapt either one with a simple wire that converts headphone jack to RCA right? YES
so if the RCA is cheaper why would someone choose the headphone jack? OEM
Does anyone have a TV tuner hooked up to their COMAND? class C in the W203 section (did his in february
if so can you tell us whether it picks up the channels clearly and how many stations do you get? One can pick up channels but NOT clearly...picking up TV channels while in motion sucks...reception even sucks when you are NOT in motion (same in my car with Clarion TV tuner)

greetingz,
Old 03-31-2003, 12:56 AM

E550
can you use a cd changer with the w203 euro comand system?
Old 03-31-2003, 03:19 AM
gab

If you can watch DVD while in motion why you couldnt watch TV while in motion?!???

Originally posted by MBenzNL
Originally posted by davidhung78
Is it better to get the RGB or to get a TV tuner? better or cheaper are two completely different things which might help making up your mind
WIth TV tuner can you stiill watch while in motion? NO
I know with RGB you can watch dvd's in motion right? YES
Also what are the pros and cons between the RCAs and the headphone jack for the Aux connection? The best connector depends on what you want to plug into the AUX socket
I mean you can adapt either one with a simple wire that converts headphone jack to RCA right? YES
so if the RCA is cheaper why would someone choose the headphone jack? OEM
Does anyone have a TV tuner hooked up to their COMAND? class C in the W203 section (did his in february
if so can you tell us whether it picks up the channels clearly and how many stations do you get? One can pick up channels but NOT clearly...picking up TV channels while in motion sucks...reception even sucks when you are NOT in motion (same in my car with Clarion TV tuner)

greetingz,
Old 03-31-2003, 04:25 AM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
Originally posted by caraudio_nutt
can you use a cd changer with the w203 euro comand system?
Yes you can, I've installed my CD changer after I've installed my euro Comand and its been working flawlessly