C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

LS Headlight Low Beam Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240, 2006 ML350, 2011 X3
LS Headlight Low Beam Problem

Hey guys, Recently (within a few days), my passenger side headlight low beam has acted up. It does not light up my HIDs, and I even tried to swap it with a halogen bulb and that doesn't work. I checked the fuses and they are fine? The turn signal marker, parking light, and high beams work, so I am guessing that it is only the low beam.

For some reason the pins or connectors or w.e they are called that connect the bulb to the headlight does not fit in snug. It may be that but I am not too sure, I am hoping for any advice in how to diagnose this issue. But the HIDS have always worked even with this being loose. It's just a few days ago... the low beam died

I have an aftermarket Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight.

Thanks

Last edited by londonbenzkid; 04-02-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by londonbenzkid
Hey guys, Recently (within a few days), my passenger side headlight low beam has acted up. It does not light up my HIDs, and I even tried to swap it with a halogen bulb and that doesn't work. I checked the fuses and they are fine? The turn signal marker, parking light, and high beams work, so I am guessing that it is only the low beam.

For some reason the pins or connectors or w.e they are called that connect the bulb to the headlight does not fit in snug. It may be that but I am not too sure, I am hoping for any advice in how to diagnose this issue. But the HIDS have always worked even with this being loose. It's just a few days ago... the low beam died

I have an aftermarket Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight.

Thanks
Does you car have bi xenon lights from factory? If so, try using a new D2S bulb you can buy at amazon.com for 50$.

If you have installed an aftermarket HID system, there may be a cable issue on the connector, they usually get too hot and start failing. I recommend you to peel of the cables you see getting black or toasted clean them and connect it again. Or just swapping the connector for a new one you can buy at the dealer.