C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Reliability Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe 2002
Smile Reliability Question

Good Morning! I am new to the MB fold but I do love my 02 230 coupe. It seems from what I read on the forum that this company builds cars like everyone else does. I think that this car has so much going for it and in Can. $ it is a deal. A hot rod it is not but it does feel good to drive aspecially after adding the rear AMG sway bar to eliminate understeer. Practical is another one of its good points with the rear hatch and fold down seats for added space. Our other toy is a Miata that we have traveled many miles and weeks from home and trust me, packing is an art in a Miata. Getting back to my original question, is this car unreliable and should I buy the Extended Warranty? I do plan on keeping this baby for a long time. Tony
Old 03-30-2003, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 4matic
Re: Reliability Question

Originally posted by TonyG230
Getting back to my original question, is this car unreliable and should I buy the Extended Warranty? I do plan on keeping this baby for a long time. Tony
If you plan on keeping it for a long time, it is probably a good idea to purchase the Extended Warranty. Most of the problems deal with electronics and hopefully these issues will eventually all be worked out. But if not, you would hate to have to pay for some of these problems after the original warranty is up. Several people here have purchased the extended warranty and if you search, you should be able to find some threads discussing this and what kind of deals people got on the warranty.