C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Rapid vibration at crusing speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200 Kompressor
Unhappy Rapid vibration at crusing speed

I've just collected my c180k sedan 10 days ago. On the thrid day of ownership, I noticed a buzzing sound....a soft but rapid vibration.....around the centre console area at crusing speed of 50-60 mph (between 2000-2300 rpm). At times, it will appear to be coming from the overhead console perhaps from the reflection of sounds. This noise is more rpm related and does not get quicker with vehicle speed.

Brought the car back to the dealer on the 5th day but that darned noise just disappeared for an hour while test driving with the service advisor! I've read in this forum that this noise could be coming from the aspirator fan in the climate control but covering the vents on the climate control did not solve the problem. BTW, the aspirator fan in my car is on the climate control unit below the radio and not on the overhead console (through the small paper test).

I've been driving like a contortionist lately stretching out all over the car with my hands trying to locate the source of vibration. Does anybody here have the same experience as me?? Can somebody help as I would not like spending the rest of the car's life just driving around the dealer's premises where I am sure that darned noise will disappear?