C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Front Bumper Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe 2002
Question Front Bumper Removal

I need help here. Anyone removed the skin off of the front (bumper). I think I have seen the Inter cooler in a picture on the forum and the front bumper was off. I have just taken my 02 C230 Coupe out for the first ride of the season and wouldn't you know it, someone in front of me flipped up a piece of truck tire and it put a split in the front right corner below my fog lamp. Only an inch long but I will have to take it in for repair. It also broke my fog lamp mounting brackets and If there was a glue for plastic that works, I could re-glue them back on and save me buying a new fog lamp. I am a do-it yourselfer and the labor in shops today is a bit much. Besides, I love my car and my hands on it will take better care of her and I will sleep better knowing have everything went back together. If anyone can help me, Many thanks!! Tony
Old 04-12-2003, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. remove the front lower plastic inner fenders (three screws, a bunch of plastic pop in fasterners)

2. remove the lowest front pop in fastener just above the piece you removed and you can move it out of the way enough to remove a screw (torx #20) and remove the 10" long clamp that holds the bumper to the fender.

3) remove the 2 bolts by the fog lamps.

4) disconnect the foglights, side markers and temp sensor.

5) from under the hood, unbolt the 4 bolts that hold the top part of the bumper on.

6) gracefully pull the bumper straight out (with someone's help). Be careful as the bumper sides ride on rollers and you don't want to force it out or tweak it.

Any more questions I'll be back tonight after my Mazda Racing School...
Old 04-12-2003, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe 2002
Thumbs up Bumper

Thanks Buellwinkle. One hour and out, with the help of my lovely wife. Those torques bolts would have stumped me I'm sure. The only thing is that after the 4 bolts on top there are also two bolts hidden inside the fog lamp grill that also come out ,then the bumper almost falls off. Hey, this forum is great! Thanks again, now all I have to do is take the Bumper in for repair to the tear at the bottom, and hope that they can get away with just a small area of painting. Don't like the idea of painting the whole thing. Tony