C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

words cannot explain my utter disappointment with my life in general right now.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB C230 coupe
Unhappy words cannot explain my utter disappointment with my life in general right now.

i have no words to explain what i'm feeling right now. those that have followed my trials and tribulations involving my bad luck with my car in the past month will know why this thread is the last thing i want to be posting right now. this car is a curse and a higher power is obviously trying to tell me that i shouldn't have bought it.

however, i will prevail and prove to the world and to that higher power that i deserve this car and i will drive it until it doesn't run anymore.

the following pic is what i did to my car friday night. this is not an april fools joke. this is my life. i'm ready to hang up my keys for good.

EDIT: let me explain to everyone the situation. i was going to turn left at an intersection (stop lights facing all directions). i was in the left-turn lane with my blinker on, i was looking left pulling out into the intersection, then the two women in the car suggested i go straight, i flipped off my turn signal attempted to go straight (no cars around, very bare streets) only to see a taxi cab turning left in front of me (he was coming at me turning left so he was coming from my left and was turning onto the road on my right. i saw him too late, slammed on my brakes, almost got stopped, and then he hit the front right of my car with the side of his because he floored it attempting to get outta my way. i got a ticket for failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident (whatever the hell that means), and it's pretty much my fault (i didn't say that though) so my insurance will probably have to cover both cars. my insurance rates will skyrocket because of that plus the ticket (which i plan to fight or defer since i've never had a ticket before or an accident). the taxi cab saw i was a young guy in a mercedes and explained to the cop that i was speeding and attempting to swerve around a car in front of me that was also turning left (there were no other cars around). it was my fault (mostly), but speed was not an issue, i was barely moving.

the fact that my car is a mess right now doesn't bother me, it can be fixed no problem (i have the best auto body shop within 300 miles, i've been told the best in the state). the thing that bothers me is that the car just got outta the shop 4 days before this little incident, my insurance is gonna rape me, and the car only has 5000 miles on it. i'm a very optimistic person, but this has killed me. i will gladly accept any pity anyone is willing to give me. the only good thing is that there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car, it's all cosmetic.

ladies and gentleman, my car in it's current state :

Last edited by truelove; 04-13-2003 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K
Holy **** bro what happend
Old 04-13-2003, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
not too bad

How'd you do it?

In any case, it's not an old classic for which body parts are unavailable. It could be worse. You might only have been able to afford a 1978 Lada.

A new hood, a new fender, a new bumper, headlight and some trim and it'll be as good as new.

What you need is some PMA. Positive Mental Attitude. Think positively and good things will happen to you. Think negative thoughts and there will be a little black rain cloud over your head all the time. Try it!
Old 04-13-2003, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
You need to get rid of that car. It is a very nice car, the bixenons are tight, the color is cool-but there is a bad luck/energy with that car. Now you may think I am nuts but I am speaking of PERSONAL experience so just listen to me out. Year was 2000, I had just bough a brand new old car. A 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder-it was maroon w/all the bells and whistles. I was planning future plans w/someone(at the time)for "big"things. But instead I bought the car. That is when my troubles began. Personal life went ****ty. But I still had my car. Then my "bad" luck started. 1st month:my younger brother decides to be funny and moves my dad's old Ford Aerostar(which is parked next to mine). My bro was like 14, he had no busines behind the wheel. But he tears up my car when he pulls out. Take it to the shop-$450. 1 week after I get my car back from the shop someone hits my car when they are trying to "squeeze" into a parking spot. Gone to the shop again-$300 this time. 1 month later a Chevy backs into the side of my car(I parked it kinda angled) WHERE MY DUMBASS FRIEND WAS SITTING(the **** didn't even notice). Back to the shop this time the chevy driver willingly paid $350. At this point I am like, damnit wtf did I do to deserve this bad luck. I wrote it off like it was just a lil' bad streak. 4 months, 5 broken rims, 7 blown nitto's, and 1 cracked front bumper later I am like F'this. Some unworldly thing does NOT want me to be in this car. The funnies thing is when I went to trade it in I get sideswiped at Northridge Toyota by one of their customers. 5 min later I had COMPLETLY agreed to trade in that "bad luck"car in for a 2001 Toyota Highlander Limited.

I know it may be a long story but the meaning behind it is.....TRADE THE ****! Get a C230 sedan! With BiXenons again of course .
Old 04-13-2003, 01:56 AM

Dont feel so bad dude./ I hit my car on 3/31 and its still sitting at the dealer they finally look at it on weds.

They gave me an est of 5 grand they said i bent subframe want to replace struts and all this bull****, they are raping me thinking i am stupid. The rear of my car is perfectly aligned and I brought it to a bodyshop now.

I cant belive how dishonest they can be. Btw i got no scratches but suspension damge is so costly, compared to a fender headlight and bumper. Its sad.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...116#post330116
Old 04-13-2003, 02:48 AM

2003 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan/2008 M3 Coupe M-DCT/1996 328i (Gone)/1988 190E 2.3 (Gone)
I'm sorry about what 'd happened to you & your car. At least no one got hurt. Let's hope something good comes out of it.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i believe in the negative energy surrounding certain cars...for example... you will never find my brother ( a successful CEO) in a black car...it is just because someone up there told him NOT to buy a black car...

I dont know what color i shldn't get..but silver and blue seems ok with me...but i suspect one of my fav color ( British Racing Green) is bad...i knock off the side view mirror of my Range Rover 4.6. And 1 day while me, my bro and my dad are in a green LX 470 waiting to make a turn...a trailer came from behind and just scratch the doors badly...if it is 2 inch nearer..i think it will just rip off the door
Old 04-13-2003, 04:23 AM

C230 Kompressor (02 Copupe)
hm..

that cant be any worse than how I feel today...
Old 04-13-2003, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200K (w204)
Hmm, my brother always have bad luck with silver colour car. He got a brand new BMW, 4 weeks after that he roll the car over and cost him (well, the insurance) twenty grand to fix it, then soon after the car fixed he hit a concrete, that's another two grand. And everytime i drive the car, i usually tend to involve in an accident . Now he drive a black Lexus and never been involve in an accident
Old 04-13-2003, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Maybe this is all just bad "CAR-ma"....

Sorry....it had to be said.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Man what is going on in your life? Did you put sugar in someones gas tank? The Car-ma you're getting is out of control.

I am almost afriad for you. Be careful for a while, take a vacation or something, and don't take last minute directions from women... (sorry ladies)
Old 04-13-2003, 03:30 PM

05 C230 Sports Sedan, Previously owned an 02 C230 Sports Coupe
Sorry to see that damage.

I'm not a very religious person, and I don't really think it was "CAR-MA".

While driving my last car (black Civic) I had a lady in a gigantor navigator pull out of a church parking lot and hit the back of my car on the passenger side. All my friends thought that I would probably react by slaying the lady in the middle of the road, but I didn't.

For a while, while waiting for the police, I thought that it was a sign from some higher power telling me that I need to get my act together. Then I happened to see the scrolling bank sign that they had converted to their church sign. scrolling across the screen was the message, "Thinking of suicide, let us help". I started laughing. I couldn't stop thinking of them "helping" me with such a task.

I decided to sell the black Civic and step up to a Benz. I haven't had any issues with the new car. And I don't seem to have the stealth technology installed in this automobile!

Silver Mercedes = Happiness
Black Civic = "CAR-MA-chanics" dream!

Chin up!
Old 04-13-2003, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't really think it was karma or a higher power either. Do a search for posts from truelove and you will find a string of nothing but crap luck with his poor car. Really bad luck, or something.
Old 04-13-2003, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
i'm a little cheered up today but i miss my car. i have to deal with all the insurance crap this week but i've been told by the owner of the auto body shop that the parts for my car will probably be ordered tomorrow so my car will be good as new asap.

i do have really bad luck with cars, i have some sort of a.d.d. or something (not really, but it seems like it sometimes) so i tend to just do stupid things. i'm not gonna let this get me down. i love this car too much to sell it or anything like that. it's been perfect mechanically since i got it (and judging by some of the posts i read here, that is a real blessing) , no problems except for what i do to it. nothing beyond cosmetic injuries. i need to buy some really big band-aids.

i'll let everyone know how it all turns out and i'll take pics when i get it all fixed. it will look brand new until i do something to it again.

it will take more than a higher power to get me to step down from a benz and hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:21 PM
3_P

C230
Bummers dude!

Don't stress over this. Murphy's law: anything that can go wrong....will go wrong. Well, this goes to say that accidents will happen. The good thing is that NOBODY was hurt (I hope).....

My good friend owns an autobody shop that this is a very minimal repair. You should actually see some "totaled" cars in person. Then you wouldn't want to drive ANY car, ANYMORE!!

Keep up the good spirits, and most importantly: Drive Safely!!
Old 04-13-2003, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Luck may have some to do with accident-prone people, but for the most part, it's due to the driver's own fault. It's better to take responsibility for one's own actions. That way you can learn from your mistakes.

Sorry about your car Truelove.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Yin
Almost a Member!

C230K
oh man..
dont' feel so down man..
people do make mistakes...
Old 04-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Yin
Almost a Member!

C230K
wheel bent...
also got bitten off..

3 airbags also deployed...but I didn't have my camera with me on the day of crash
Old 04-13-2003, 07:11 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
don't feel too bad...

accidents are bound to happen to everyone in their life at least once. Mine resulted couple yrs ago when i totalled my 328Ci out of stupidity of being 18. Of course i was mad and dissapointed in myself.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:18 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by Yin
wheel bent...
also got bitten off..

3 airbags also deployed...but I didn't have my camera with me on the day of crash
WHOA, how is the tire still inflated with chunk of the rim ripped off??

ok, now to make you both feel better.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Yin
Almost a Member!

C230K
Originally posted by FrankW
don't feel too bad...

accidents are bound to happen to everyone in their life at least once. Mine resulted couple yrs ago when i totalled my 328Ci out of stupidity of being 18. Of course i was mad and dissapointed in myself.
I am 18 and crashed my car out of stupidity T_T
*puts flame suit on just in case*
Old 04-13-2003, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

May I please not have to enter this thread with damage pics. Closest I've come so far was last night. A NYC taxi crossed three lanes and almost side-swipped me on the Westside HWY. I had to swerve two lanes away to avoid the collision. Right near 58th st. exit. Luckily there are five lanes there, otherwise I would've been pinned between the taxi and the concret divider.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:10 PM

Re: words cannot explain my utter disappointment with my life in general right now.

Originally posted by truelove
...then the two women in the car suggested i go...
You listen to women when you are driving? It's no surprise that you had an accident. :p
Old 04-13-2003, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
thanks guys, i feel better now due to everyone else's horror stories. and yes, i've seen totalled cars. there was a borderline totalled car at the auto body shop when i dropped my car off. the lady just bought a brand new mitsubishi montero sport ($40,000 SUV, just a guess, too lazy to look it up right now) with 2 years no payments, flipped it, causing $22,000 worth of damages, and had NO INSURANCE due to late payments. she's screwed, her vehicle has been sitting at the auto body shop for 2 months while she figures out what she's gonna do, she has not notified her bank yet. i guess i could be in her boat, fortunately i'm not.

and like i said earlier, the damage to the car isn't what bothers me, it'll be good as new when it's fixed. it's the fact that my insurance is gonna stick it right up my ***. that's what really hurts.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:57 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
montereo sport is around $25-30k...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: words cannot explain my utter disappointment with my life in general right now.