C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Anyone in/near Plantation, Florida? Need help with AGLA order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Anyone in/near Plantation, Florida? Need help with AGLA order

So, in case you don't know, AGLA is "Alan Gun Leather Accessories". He and his firm have done many reconditionings on steering wheels over the years. My crx actually has one of his company's shift boots from about 6 years ago or so.

About 3 months ago, I sent him my Brabus steering wheel for a redo, and paid him half upfront ($267.50). It was to be redone in carbon fiber and leather; was looking forward to it. I got several excuses from him on the phone during the first half of the time, and he hasn't answered his phone for the past 6 weeks or so (even when caller id was blocked).

I have already written off the money and I guess the steering wheel at this point; I assume that his business has officially tanked. But I would like to have some official closure on this.

AGLA's address is 7027 West Broward Blvd, #292 - this is the northern border of the Plantation Preserve Golf Course. If anyone is near that area and would help me satisfy my curiousity, it would be great to hear what is actually at that address now. I am assuming he's probably cleaned everything out, but you never know.

Also, if anyone finds a Brabus ccoupe steering wheel on ebay or the Benz classifieds, I'd appreciate a heads-up - it could be mine. As I said, it's not like I'm going to get anything back, but I am curious as to wtf happened to the business. Obviously, I wouldn't recommend anyone dealing with them anymore. Which is a shame, because their work was really good.

In the meantime, I've got the stock ccoupe wheel I bought off ebay on my car, which truly sucks. I'll try to see about getting something better at some point, though the pickings are slim now.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

LOL - a quick follow-up. Immediately after I posted this, I received an email from Alan, saying that he is still working on the steering wheel, cut short a vacation to get back to work, had a glitch about business calls getting routed to his cellphone, etc. All of which is plausible, but none of which explains his horrible customer service and lack of updates on my wheel.

So, no need for anyone to shoebomb his operations (yet!). I'll update this novela as new information comes.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Originally Posted by tommy
LOL - a quick follow-up. Immediately after I posted this, I received an email from Alan, saying that he is still working on the steering wheel, cut short a vacation to get back to work, had a glitch about business calls getting routed to his cellphone, etc. All of which is plausible, but none of which explains his horrible customer service and lack of updates on my wheel.

So, no need for anyone to shoebomb his operations (yet!). I'll update this novela as new information comes.
I made four molotov cocktails for nothing?! I just put in the address into my gps!

All joking aside, I'm glad communication was resumed between you two. A brabus coupe wheel must be real hard to come by these days.

Last edited by laneshift; 08-04-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
At least he responded. Any idea what the ETA on the wheel is?
Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

No, I immediately sent him a follow-up asking that same question about 4 1/2 hours ago. I'll let you guess if I have received a response back yet.

Yes, laneshift it's about impossible. I was almost desperate enough to buy one of the two wheels that Renntech has on ebay right now (silver painted wood - yuck).

And just to show that the gods are further playing with me, I got my wheelskins for the stock wheel today (I had ordered it when I assumed that the Brabus was a goner). I'll throw it on my stock rim anyway just for fun (how do you non-C7-equipped coupe owners deal with that crappy steering wheel?); I had put one on my dad's accord years ago, and it's not bad for the money.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
3 months is a long time. I feel your pain, I was in a group buy for a CF grille that I ended up getting 9 months after making payment..lol