C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help! Loud Thumping noise, warranty and Dealer issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 c230 BLACK
Unhappy Help! Loud Thumping noise, warranty and Dealer issues

I just purchased a one owner c230 2007 SPORT with 32000. I was hearing extremely loud road noise when driving, and a THUMPING coming from the front right side by tires. Especially when I slow down to a stop, it goes, Thump, thump, Thump...then slows to a...thump......thump... thummp till I stop. Told by dealer and others I needed New tires in the back, front still had about 15k miles left, and that it could be an out of round rotor? . Replaced tires, road noise not so loud, but still have a major thumping sound going on. Took car to dealer and now am told it is the feathering of the tires in the front and that they too need to be replaced. That this is NORMAL with the Sport because you cant rotate them?? Normal, what??? After only 15k on the tires? Said nothing about rotors would not even check them. Insisted it was front tires. So lets say I now replace those as well, and still have issue. I feel like the dealer does not want to take the time with me because car is under warranty and they lose money by service a "WARRANTY" car over a "Paying" customer. Is this true???? Sad Female Driver