C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Part number for drivers side seat motor '06 (C350)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 C350 4MATIC
Part number for drivers side seat motor '06 (C350)

A few months ago my car developed a mysterious problem where the drivers side seat would only retract/advance on the inboard seat track. (while my sister was using it, she has since died, speak no ill of the dead). Trying to get fingers into the recesses of the seat mechanism was problematic until I raised the front and back of the seat upwards (fully electric). This gave me enough visual and finger clearance to check for anything stuck in the rails.

After recovering about $5 in quarters, nickles, dimes and a lost bank ATM card I saw this weird white object jammed under the seat between the seat frame and the floor pan. I had to move the electronics module out of the way to get a good look at it.

Clearly this did not "belong" to a Mercedes as I could read the torn label "16 dB gain antenna" This is a remnant from my "paying gig" (communications engineer) and is a GPS antenna the size of an elephant suppository that must have fallen off the back seat and taken a roll under the seat, did a vaulting maneuver that would make a Bulgarian gymnast proud and landed in this recessed area.

Being long in the legs and liking to sit way back in the seat the GPS antenna could maintain an innocuous presence with the currency and bank card until my sister used my car and set the seat waaaay forward. Not being her fault as the seating settings were programmed to match the ignition keys the seat forward motor just kept running forward as the GPS antenna jammed firmly in place.

When I used the car I had a heck of a time getting the seat to retract and the motor only worked happily on the side nearest the transmission tunnel.

Today I pulled out the fiberscope light and hemostats and flipped this GPS antenna back over the seat rail and onto the back floorboard. Meanwhile I recovered enough loose change to pay for "Obamacare" and to settle the national debt of Greece.

Now being able to properly observe the seat motions and that the door side rail still will not move I can see why. The motor that is mounted near the rear/ bottom of the seat has two output shafts. The short shaft goes to the inboard (transmission tunnel) seat rail and the long shaft goes to the door-side rail. This looks like heavy duty choke cable covered with a black plastic jacket. The point where this flexible driveshaft attaches to the seat rail is unfrazzled and broken. The stress of trying to move the seat, trying to use the seat frame as a garbage compactor mechanism was not what the Mercedes engineers intended for this lowly motor.

I feel confident that I can unbolt the seat from the floor and get to the motor and driveshaft connections for a D.I.Y. repair. What I do not have is the part number for the motor/shaft assembly.

I have a 2006 C class maintenance manual on DVD but it does not show an exploded seat diagram or part numbers for this motor. If I go to the stealership they will want me to spend $2000 for a new seat (yes young lady, the frammis valve has collapsed the caliper function).

If anyone can proffer up a part number I can go to Huntsville and order the motor and replace it myself. Can anyone dig up a part number?

This is for a 2006 C350 4Matic with every imaginable option package (seats, lights, etc...)

thanks!

Ms. Tisha Hayes
Old 08-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
LOL!!! nice writeup. haha.

Is it this?

http://www.rmeuropean.com/Part-Numbe..._5C1313F8.aspx

203-820-12-42