C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Minor fender bender... now off to the shop it goes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
Minor fender bender... now off to the shop it goes

So last weekend I drove down to Austin to see and friend and have a little dinner party. So we stop at the HEB to pick up some supplies, so as I back out I stop to put my car into 1st gear to pull forward. As I turn around to look ahead out of the corner of my eye all i see is tail lights coming right at me. Long story short some mazda suv backed into my passenger side rear quarter panel. The messed up part is that the lady was looking for witnesses because she said I backed into her. WTF!!! That isnt even possible since the parking lot is one way and the parking spots are angled. The side of my car was hit and not even a scratch was on her bumper. So my rear fender was pushed all the way onto my wheel and I tried to pull forward, all I hear is my tire rubbing like nails on a chalk board. So I took pics and traded info and etc. Luckily I had a giant flathead in my trunk and I managed to pull enough of the fender out where its drive able. Her insurance made me go to service king, which does crap work, for an estimate. The guy gave me an 1100 estimate for the repair, but I talked my way into getting the insurance to pay to replace my rear tire I almost got them to replace both rears because I had to swap the tires over because of the rubbing, but I only got them to do one. Lucky to say I took it to my friends shop and he said he'll start on it tomorrow and he's gonna make the insurance pay for the wheels to get resurfaced too because there are some dings and scratches on it that werent on there before. Plus I'm probably gonna have them repaint my roof glossy black since I havent done it yet. Here's some pics, the dent doesnt look so bad in the pics, but that post pull so I could drive.

Heres a pic from the initial hit, you can see the dent...

Hopefully it'll be done quickly, I'll probably ask them to do a little fender pulling while they're working on it

Last edited by phister; 09-29-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
You have CLS500 rims?
Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
You have CLS500 rims?
yup
Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sedan
Nothing like a little elbow grease won't fix.

I guess the auto body shop will take good care of you.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
Yeah they always do! Guys are hella cool, they didnt charge me anything when I put my oem springs back on. My spring compressor wouldnt put it down low enough so I could put my hat one so I just swung by and they did it in their spare time. I love side shops because usually they'll do basic stuff at no charge or cheap.