C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Aftermarket GPS unit, input please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
I never said e46fanatic sold 100 "mercedes" units. His customers are mostly BMW users and I know he has sold a pre-face lifted unit to a member in a w209 forum who is quite pleased with his unit. But he has sold 100 + total Dynavin units regardless if its for BMW or Mercedes. I've read great support from him which is why I inquired with him about getting a Dynavin unit for my w203. And he does provide warranty and he is based in the U.S. but you said there is no U.S. support for Dynavin units as if you have to deal with Dynavin directly from the day you purchase the unit. Also 2 other members on here have bought Dynavin units from caraudiocraze.com and neither mentioned that you have to buy separate antenna for FM, AM, or GPS nor did they mention you have to get your own gps software. Both their units came with pre installed one. e46fanatic sells all his unit with gps software also installed. Regardless whether it came from a reseller or not the fact is once its in their hand it had software in it and it also was just plug and play. Maybe as a reseller you don't have as much support but for consumers like us it sure looks as if we do. Yet you say we dont which is misleading consumers.

In regards to your anology. Just because you paid a lot of money for something doesnt mean its the best choice. I've had an Acura integra for over 10 years which reached 200,000 miles and never gave me any problems. My Mercedes I've had for less than 4 years less than 90k miles and I've had to take it in the dealer for 4 different issues for the time I've owned it. Total cost of all repairs are over $2500. So getting what you paid for does not always apply.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
I would agree that paying more does not always equal better...that is for sure. But I stand by our assessment for sure. No software and they simply gave me links to pirate software which is troubling to as a vendor for sure. As a tech, and a person that installed them in two cars for testing, the antenna did not work without heavy modification.
Dynavin did tell us that the MB units are entirely different than the BMW and Audi, which we did not test. If E46Fanatic has decided he will warranty the MB units and be a pro and servicer on those as well, I wish him luck. I certainly would not want to warranty them.

I think you are correct earlier, just let the market decide. That is what we have always done before, and the reason we are still here. The number of people that want to tinker with the system has been large enough to begin making them, but not large enough to develop lots and lots of software (hence the reason we licensed ours). The MB crowd mostly wants to keep it as stock as possible to retain full functionality. Even with our unit, you do start giving up certain functions in the car, to gain others. Which is not the typical MB demographic. The units are moving quickly, but are only about 1% of our total Mercedes shipments. It will grow some for sure, but we always carefully advise each client about the downsides before they purchase - and many decide to enhance the current system, rather than replace it. All in all, MB did a good job designing the stock system, and with little effort it can be really nice for most people.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mazda
They are fraud, don't pay anything , otherwise gone

Originally Posted by Nismo2009
Hey guys, I was searching for an aftermarket GPS unit and came across this:
http://www.cargpsvideo.com/benz-c-cl...p856.html#show

Have any of you had any experience with this company? I like the OEM look they have, but I'm a little skeptic as to their legitimacy. Any input will be greatly appreciated, or if you know of another that looks close to the factory unit. Thanks in advance!
Answer - They are cheater, so don't buy from www.cargpsvideo.com. If you pay money via western union , You will loose that money .
So please inform other about it