C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Tilt & telescope problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 12:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Tilt & telescope problem

Has anyone have this happened to them? ....

My car is only 3 weeks old. I didn't notice it at first, but at first when I pull out the key, the steering only moved like 1/4 of an inch rather than all the way for easy entry, even if I have it all the way down. I do have the setting on easy entry for steering column. Then today, I just noticed the seat memory settings stopped working completely for the steering wheel, but still works for the seat and mirrors.

After paking for a while, I started the car, trying to adjust the steering column. It would not move, like something is stuck. Let say if I try to move it up, it moves very little then stops, I have to move it down and up again then it's ok. This happens with the tilt too.

Does anyone know what the problem is or do I need to bring it to the dealer?

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:21 PM

Location: From Oxnard; living in Ocean View Hills, San Diego, CA
'01 C320 SS
Originally Posted by hmn1
Has anyone have this happened to them? ....

My car is only 3 weeks old. I didn't notice it at first, but at first when I pull out the key, the steering only moved like 1/4 of an inch rather than all the way for easy entry, even if I have it all the way down. I do have the setting on easy entry for steering column. Then today, I just noticed the seat memory settings stopped working completely for the steering wheel, but still works for the seat and mirrors.

After paking for a while, I started the car, trying to adjust the steering column. It would not move, like something is stuck. Let say if I try to move it up, it moves very little then stops, I have to move it down and up again then it's ok. This happens with the tilt too.

Does anyone know what the problem is or do I need to bring it to the dealer?

Thanks.
My steering wheel won't move up or down. The car has power telescoping and tilt wheel and when I put the key in I can hear the steering wheel motor while but it goes nowhere. The button on the door doesn't make it go up or down either...HELP!

Last edited by CHATMANR; 09-22-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Sorry to hear your guys problems but being that its only a few weeks old let the dealer deal with it. I dont see why you would lay a finger on it even if you could fix it. Doesnt sound like its going to be a flick of a button. take it in.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:29 PM

Location: From Oxnard; living in Ocean View Hills, San Diego, CA
'01 C320 SS
It was broken gears. Replaced under warranty.