C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

GPS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 200
GPS

Hi everyone...
This is my first post inhere.....im having mixed info and thought about fitting an OEM Pioneer Avic Z120
im having a C 200 kompressor 2001 , i have read in multiple threads that i need to connect my GPS to VSS, Reverse gear or light, and illumination
im planning to fit the AVIC with extra harness and Metra steering wheel adapter
my question is ......where i can find the VSS wire...is it connected with the car original harness! or as some stated its either on the passenger rite foot panel or other said its in the boot fuse box!! im really confused about this ...im not living in US . do i will depend on my knowledge to fit this unit...
for the reverse light ......do i have to fir it to the automatic gear selection or could just use the wire that goes to the rear bulb all through the car floor...

thanks for any cooperation )
cheers
Old 11-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 200
Despite that this is a truly helpful Forum )) and that you will find everyones replying you rather than saying ( do a search man ) which i couldn't find in my case!!
i di the avic Z120 installation on my own , thus couldn't find the VSS cable ....But just for info , the MUTE yellow cable isn't necessary to bypass the navi unit ....i did only use the Green parking cable and it did the bypass and DVD'S , bluetooth , everything works in good order..
So thanks for no one who did really help )