C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

depo mistake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 ML500
Originally Posted by xzstarszx
hey it's not his fault they sent a product to his house with his name on the packaging. finders keepers right
Did you not read the thread?

Pretty sad you have to change bank accounts to cheat a $300 set of headlights.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBZ
^+1

LoL
Old 11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
wow.
i dont regret anything i said about getting involved in buying this dude's front fascia.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Yes, they’re a mistake. Unless you’re tediously swapping projectors, those Depo’s are hardly suitable for use in this marque.
Somehow managed to scrape together enough dimes when upgrading mine from its frosty xenon's to OE European-specification headlamps.

Recently called in a critical jobsite order to McMaster-Carr on my net 30 account.
As is typically the case, they were received early the next day. The hapless CSR with whom I spoke wasn’t authorized to overnight them without prior approval. She sheepishly rang shortly thereafter to ask that the balance be remitted forthwith. AP immediately mailed a check.

Screwing around on a legitimate business transaction is no way to get ahead. Have you no sense of ethics or decency?
If you’re that hard up for $300, you ought to consider renouncing your MBW membership.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:59 PM

2006 c280 4 matic
Originally Posted by infected
Did you not read the thread?

Pretty sad you have to change bank accounts to cheat a $300 set of headlights.
Hey. Hold on I change my account after receiving the first set of lights I order so it not sad. Okay so stop being a beach

K
Old 11-29-2010, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Wow.. this thread is fail.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:28 AM
pcy
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
'14 ML350, '13 C220 CDI, '07 C280, '98 ML320
if $300 is found on the road while you are walking (and no one is around and there are no cameras around), would you move on or pick up that $300?

seriously... think about it for a sec.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Problem is, this was shipped to the OP's house. Clearly, a mistake and should probably be shipped back. Not to be **** archie, but when mistakes like this are made, they will be found and corrected.

Let me put in context. A bank (I think it was Chase) made a mistake with a woman's bank account. Instead of direct depositing (I forget the amount) 8,000 it was 80,000. Now this idiot knew it was not her money, but she goes balling out of control. Now the bank, realizing the error later wants to correct it. However, she had spent up quite a bit of the money. The bank wants there money back, so she ends up going to jail.

Who do you think that cost of lost money goes back to? Think about it and how this applies here...just a thought.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
This will get quite interesting if the OP is honest about what's happening..

(getting my third post in :rofl: )
Old 12-01-2010, 09:40 PM

13 Jeep JKU Sahara w/4" lift Kit & the works,2015 Toyota Sienna XLE,2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
this is a funny post the cheapest cost for any legal recourse would be around $500, no one is their right sense of business mind would do that, they will claim is at loss due to damage or some thing and claim tax exemption and forget about it............come on it is juts $300........any legal recourse would be much much more expensive and the op can always get away with it saying it was an honest mistake on his part period......there are many much bigger fraudsters out there roaming around free duping billions of dollars and no law has been able to prosecute them...............come on guys..........
Old 12-01-2010, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nike Turbo Shox
Originally Posted by Javvy
this is a funny post the cheapest cost for any legal recourse would be around $500, no one is their right sense of business mind would do that, they will claim is at loss due to damage or some thing and claim tax exemption and forget about it............come on it is juts $300........any legal recourse would be much much more expensive and the op can always get away with it saying it was an honest mistake on his part period......there are many much bigger fraudsters out there roaming around free duping billions of dollars and no law has been able to prosecute them...............come on guys..........
Well these guys are more getting at a moral thing.. the fact that he said he closed the bank account related to the lights and the fact that it is a Mercedes-benz you are driving and if you have to do that for a set of $300 headlights you should not be driving it.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Javvy
Although it’s a trivial issue in the overall scheme of things, you rightly expected to receive due consideration when unloading your castoff H&R spacers and radius bolts, yes?
Certainly a man of your station could have donated them to Make a Wish, Habitat for Humanity or another worthy charitable cause.

Anticipate you’ll not squawk when you’re screwed out of several mortgage payments while dealing with deadbeats running your business. :y
Old 12-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
Well these guys are more getting at a moral thing.. the fact that he said he closed the bank account related to the lights and the fact that it is a Mercedes-benz you are driving and if you have to do that for a set of $300 headlights you should not be driving it.
+1
Old 12-02-2010, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
Originally Posted by splinter
Although it’s a trivial issue in the overall scheme of things, you rightly expected to receive due consideration when unloading your castoff H&R spacers and radius bolts, yes?
Certainly a man of your station could have donated them to Make a Wish, Habitat for Humanity or another worthy charitable cause.

Anticipate you’ll not squawk when you’re screwed out of several mortgage payments while dealing with deadbeats running your business.
^^

Exactly on point. It's not about legal action at all, it's the moral and also "scout's honor" thing. Knowing how costs are passed to others through losses is justification enough. I would return them, but that is just me.