C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Powerchip 2 month review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
'16 E350, gone: '03 c230k
Powerchip 2 month review

Well it's been about two months since I had this done. I've gone thru several tanks of gas and had a few out of town trips so thought I'd share my impressions with you guys. I know there's some bad will going around with Powerchip right now, but would appreciate this thread not being about that.

Bottom line is I'm still very happy with the tune and would do it again. I've only noticed one little quirk, which is sometimes (only 2x so far) a very hard shift when going very slow around a right hand turn. This happened after getting on it for a while, so I think the shifting was adapted to a sportier mode and then I was driving like a grandma when this happened. It was hard enough to bounce the car back and forth a couple times (!). I was actually impressed with how well the car stayed in the low gear for an automatic.

Everything else has been awesome. There's definitely more power and also the car is more responsive (for example, it doesn't take as long to match rpm's when downshifting). I drove up/down to the Bay area from Southern California a few weeks ago and had a big grin on my face the whole time. Traffic sucked on the way up, but on the way back with the higher speed traffic I got to take advantage of the tune. Definitely more get up and go at highway speeds (60~80). I never felt the 'need' for more power in any situation I encountered (driving alert and aware of the traffic helps too) and I made really, really good time.

I've also made a few additional ~300 mile trips over the holidays and was equally pleased with the tune. Driving is definitely more fun. Both around town and on the road.

I can't say my gas mileage has improved, but I don't think it's gotten any worse. Around town seems to be about the same. Highway is also about the same if not maybe just a tad worse - but that could very well just be me on it a little more too.

Just my observations, for better or worse. As I said earlier, if given the chance to do it all over again I would especially at the sale price. Matt has been extremely helpful during the whole process and I would have to give two thumbs up for the service.

If there are any questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer. Safe driving you all!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Since you didn't mention them, I guess you didn't do before and after dynos?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
'16 E350, gone: '03 c230k
Sorry, I would love to have done before/after dynos but the timing didn't work out for me.