C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

To WDC area folks only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To WDC area folks only

Where do you take your Coupe to for a relaxed drive. By relaxed I meant where there is less traffic, not too well monitored by over-jealous local cops.

I am having this Coupe since last August and never have a chance to injoy its sporty side nor ever a chance pushing it anywhere near the limit.

I dont race and am not looking to. Just want a tiny bit of a spirited drive. You know what I mean

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: To WDC area folks only

Originally posted by Benzer
Where do you take your Coupe to for a relaxed drive. By relaxed I meant where there is less traffic, not too well monitored by over-jealous local cops.

I am having this Coupe since last August and never have a chance to injoy its sporty side nor ever a chance pushing it anywhere near the limit.

I dont race and am not looking to. Just want a tiny bit of a spirited drive. You know what I mean

Thanks for your suggestions.
My favorite local twisty is Hunter Mill Rd in Vienna all the way to Dulles access rd, followed by Sunset Hills Rd towards SkateQuest ice rink in Reston.

Great for spirited driving, unless you are trailing a moron doing 25mph.

Last edited by vadim; 05-10-2003 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:31 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
try out this secluded road that not too many people know about its called 495... some say its the next autobahn I dont know though.... hahahah
Old 05-10-2003, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
Re: Re: To WDC area folks only

Originally posted by vadim
My favorite local twisty is Hunter Mill Rd in Vienna all the way to Dulles access rd, followed by Sunset Hills Rd towards SkateQuest ice rink in Reston.

Great for spirited driving, unless you are trailing a moron doing 25mph.
I used to take that road to work every day. It's a shame that you almost always tend to get behind someone going slow.

My vote for spirited driving is to take 2 hours and drive west on 66 until you go past the Gainsville area. There are plenty of backroads off 66 on the way to Front Royal, and I've gotten my car up to 119 a few times over there.
Old 05-10-2003, 03:49 PM

I would have to agree...Hunter Mill Road is a nice road, I would also suggest heading West on Old Dominion and then make a left onto Georgetown Pike (Great Falls area) then make your first right, which is River Bend, extremely fun road, amazing houses and the road goes on for ever. Also try Utterback Store Rd. in Great Falls as well.

Session-
I agree with you, I wouldnt go that far out, just go to Skyline Drive in the fall, when the seasons are changing, great scenery and the roads are amazing as well. Switchbacks up and down the whole mountain, mostly two lanes so you dont have to worry about getting stuck behind anyone. Beware, there usually are a lot of motorcyclers up there, along with many car clubs have runs through Skyline drive, so its sometimes busy...but on the other side, theres usually people to play with as well.

Good Luck
Old 05-11-2003, 12:49 PM

Re: Re: Re: To WDC area folks only

I used to go the the golf driving range there, too - juts off of the toll road. And took that run afterward. I am not taking that run anymore - like Session said: too many slow moving wheels blocking our path.

Originally posted by session
I used to take that road to work every day. It's a shame that you almost always tend to get behind someone going slow.

My vote for spirited driving is to take 2 hours and drive west on 66 until you go past the Gainsville area. There are plenty of backroads off 66 on the way to Front Royal, and I've gotten my car up to 119 a few times over there.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: Re: Re: Re: To WDC area folks only

Originally posted by Benzer
I used to go the the golf driving range there, too - juts off of the toll road. And took that run afterward. I am not taking that run anymore - like Session said: too many slow moving wheels blocking our path.
I have the luxury to go there late at night - around 10pm to 1 am, when it is relatively free of cars... Lots of fun nailing it to 65 mph occasionally Of course I know strips where you can do it, would be insane going that fast all the way.

Last edited by vadim; 05-11-2003 at 10:49 PM.