C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Blue tooth installation Trouble shooting. Any Suggestion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Sport kompressor
Post Blue tooth installation Trouble shooting. Any Suggestion

So my car is a 2005 C230 Sport with Harmon and Kardon 6disc CD changer?Nav/No Sat Radio.
-I have connected the mic as described in the guide.
-At first at the sound component in the trunk, I replaced Slot 2 and plugged in Sound 1 in it.
-In the transmission tunnel area i disconnected Sound1 fiber optic from HU/CDC IN and connected TEL OUT to it.

I then started my car and there was no sound. I then went into the Audio menu and my multi-CD changer option was gone ( Just CD/Radio displayed).

So I went back to the Sound component in the trunk and I replaced Slot 1 of the SOUND component with SOUND1,as recommended by some members here. Started car and still no sound(radio/CD)

Went back to Transmission area and disconnected TEL OUt from HU/CDC IN and reconnected the default sound fiber optic and got Radio/CD sound back.

So it seems as if every time i connect TEL OUt to CDC/HU , my sound goes away. any suggestions please.

I haven't gotten the blue tooth puck yet. getting it tomorrow ( does it make a difference if i in regards to sound)

P.S car does not have Sat RAdio but has HK sound system/NAV command