C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

xenon mod/warranty question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 c230k ss
xenon mod/warranty question

My car currently has holegens and am going to upgrad to Euro Xenons.
Since I can't get even U.S. Xenons from my local MB dealers I've decided to go with help of friends here in our forum.
Anyway, my question is, how would this mod affect the factory warranty?
When it comes to electrical stuff, it freaks me out.
Had bad experiance once with a VW. Though I'd suspect nothing bad will happen from this mod, just want to cover all my bases.
Anyone tried brining your Xenons to a MB dealership and having them install it? Hoping possibly would cover me a bit more since a Dealership installed it...
Thanks.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:25 AM

2002 C240 Classic
i a selling my complete OEM xenon headlamp assemblies for a very cheap price in comparison to the dealer. if you are interested, let me know. antonio.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
I don't think the dealer will even touch it. PM Jay(Class C) for installs. He does a very clean and efficient job(even w/dirty *** pain in the neck cars )and does not charge a lot. That way the only hassle you will have is just getting the xenons set to present. I don't believe that much can go wrong w/installing new lights electonicwise-the cars were apparantley made to accept both otherwise it wouldn't have the xenon present/not present feature.
Old 05-13-2003, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Originally posted by enri007
I don't think the dealer will even touch it.
The dealer won't do it because it's against the law.

Cheers, BT
Old 05-13-2003, 06:49 PM

Location: From Oxnard; living in Ocean View Hills, San Diego, CA
'01 C320 SS
Against the law? The typical dealer won't even go as far as to verify that they are U.S.D.O.T. certified. MBSD will do it...if you find the right advisor. The reason most dealers won't do it is because there isn't any money in it for them...as in you didn't buy it from them...
Old 05-13-2003, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by CHATMANR
Against the law? The typical dealer won't even go as far as to verify that they are U.S.D.O.T. certified. MBSD will do it...if you find the right advisor. The reason most dealers won't do it is because there isn't any money in it for them...as in you didn't buy it from them...
Yep, it is against the law, or at least DOT regz. There is a sentence in there that says that dealers can't install them. I think it is intend to stop all aftermarket installations, but it isn't written properly, because it doesn' say a word about independent shop or owner installations.

Of course there is money in installing them. Any mechanic that can't beat flat rate won't be working long. Plus, they can always pad (lie) about the flat rate hours, like they do with the cd changer installation.