C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

DAS - Star Diagnosis screwed my car :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2003 | 07:33 AM

07' ML350
DAS - Star Diagnosis screwed my car :(

finally after a month of waiting, an MB tech carrying a Star diagnosis laptop finally arrived in my city. so i sent my car for a check up for its "stalling-fluctuating idle problem" (no other problems)......now, after scanning it several times and tinkering with my fuse boxes, my car ended up UNUSABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, i dont have the ff. functions: Engine stalls, no wipers, no turn signals, no remote rear headrest folding, trunk wont open, fuel gauge not working, display error messages, pwr seats wont work w/o key, interior lighting does not work..etc....etc..... AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHh....(the entire rear fusebox stopped working!)

now they want me to buy a REAR FUSEBOX assembly!!!! duhhhhhhhh.........good thing, its out of stock in China, Singapore, HK.

im gonna go with lexus d nexttime around...im fed up with benz electricals goin nuts from time to time. costing me so much mooolaahhhhh......imagine, mb charged me US$300 for this "service" of damaging my car and rendering it unusable, and a sparepart w/c will cost another US$500.......i could buy an exhaust with this!!!!! but anyhow, i couldnt hear and show off an $800 exhaust if my car wont even run, would i???

Last edited by BruNo; 05-15-2003 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-15-2003 | 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do you have in writing which "service" the tech was going to do? It'd be nice if there were some sort of legal fallback based on the idea that his job was to simply diagnose the car, but since the diagnosis served to damage the car it was done improperly. Incompetence or negligence?

Maybe mbtech208 or some other people could tell you what might have happened (does he browse this forum?) during the diagnosis?

Best of luck.
Old 05-15-2003 | 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

that sucks man.

anu sabi niya? "pasensya na lang po, boss"???

keep us posted
Old 05-15-2003 | 09:46 AM

07' ML350
anu sabi niya? "pasensya na lang po, boss"???
Sabi nya, ganun talaga yan,minsan lumalabas problems after star diagnosis!!!! (tech said, well...its not really unusual, sometimes problems do appear after attaching the DAS computer)---even if the car came with no problems.

Well.......star diagnosis doesnt really point out specific problems, like in my case, it just says the rear fusebox doesnt work, it wont tell u w/c fuse or w/c relay isnt working. so the stupid lazy tech will just advise u to replace the entire assembly. well, thats just fine if they have it in stock, or if its cheap.

so i sent my fusebox to a bosch engineer for check up in my country's capital. tomorrow ill b able to know if its okay, or if i have to buy a new one.

Do you have in writing which "service" the tech was going to do? It'd be nice if there were some sort of legal fallback based on the idea that his job was to simply diagnose the car, but since the diagnosis served to damage the car it was done improperly. Incompetence or negligence?
hmmm......my dad was so pissed with their shallow reasoning, we made them put into writing that they will have to fix it again for free once d part arrives, including airfare and lodging of the tech w/c will bring back the DAS computer here.