C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Brand New Key & No Lock Unlock... What Am I Doing Wrong?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride
Brand New Key & No Lock Unlock... What Am I Doing Wrong?

So I picked up a new key for my car. I was driving the Escalade today so I couldn't try it there. I got home and inserted it. It told me to wait, then that message went away so I tried it and it started as expected. The problem arose when I tried to use the lock or unlock buttons. Neither work. It has batteries as the little red light lights up when pressed. Did I do something wrong? Do I need to do something to synchronize it to the car? The dealer is closed for the night so I can ask them. My older key works fine. I'm at a loss here. Any suggestions?

And a side story for your entertainment ...
While I was there there was an older, maybe 1980 SL in really nice shape being worked on under the hood. As I was waiting at the counter I noticed a commotion & some yelling going on in the shop. I look around and see flames shooting out of the engine compartment of the SL! The guy working on it was just standing there with a glazed look in his eyes yelling while another guy ran over with a fire extinguisher spraying it on the fire and engine. Meanwhile as a cloud of smoke & white dust are flying around the guy just standing there goes "oh, I should shut it off". Ya think! The thing was sucking in the fire extinguisher dust as it was running. I can only assume the owner was not there as nobody came out all pissed off. Glad it wasn't my car. The MB dealer in my city just sucks *****. Many in my area go to an indie that specializes in European autos, problem is he charges as much as the dealer because he can.
That was my excitement for the day.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
It should work as you described. Check with the dealer.