C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

ArrrgghhhH!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2003 | 10:51 AM

11' E-350 BlueTec
Unhappy ArrrgghhhH!!!!!

F@@@@@@ck !!!!!! This happened to me on Friday. I was ready to get my car out of the parking lot and go to a happy hour. So I was backing up between a line of parking cars and a wall and all of a sudden, this guy opens a door (that connects the lobby to the parking garage) and smash it into my beloved car !!!!! I was like, noooooooooooo!!!!! , so I stopped and got out of my car. The guy was saying "I'm sorry, there are some scratches but that's all". I told him "Go away !" and started checking the damage. He was partially right: some scratches but also there's a big dent !!!!
The only good thing is that I'm getting my Comand installed next week by Steve !!!!
I just needed to talk to someone that would understand how I feel !!
Thanks guys!

Angel

PS: Does anyone knows a good body shop in the DC/NoVA area?
Thanks !
Old 05-19-2003 | 11:28 AM

CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
I know how you feel my delaer damaged mine when it went in for repair, and then they tried to say it wasn't them so i went down there every morning telling all of there service customer to check there car apon pick up for damage, then one person said "ask for the pre work report on the car", this showed that dent and scratch wasn't there before it went in and they had to fix it
Old 05-19-2003 | 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Sorry to hear about your mishap -- is the guy's insurance covering it?

Also, as far as dealer and damage, I've heard many stories like this. I'm thinking that next time I go in for service, I'll make them take a walk around the car with me like they do at car rental places!
Old 05-19-2003 | 05:38 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
cliffybabe, it's good to know about that pre-work report. I didn't know the dealers had such a procedure. That's good information to have just for an occassion like this.

My dealer put a nice bumper bruise on my car during a visit, too. I caught it right away, and they were quick to own up to it. But it sounds like a pre-work report would have come in handy if there were any dispute.
Old 05-19-2003 | 05:42 PM

2002 C320 Sport Wagon
At my dealer, they do a complete inspection at check-in and both the car owner and inspector sign the inspection sheet. That way there's no argument about the cosmetic condition.
Old 05-20-2003 | 09:36 AM

11' E-350 BlueTec
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MarkL
[B]Sorry to hear about your mishap -- is the guy's insurance covering it?

Thanks for listening. I really needed.
Nop. I'm gonna have to pay for it. Any ideas about how much would that be?
Thanks again.

Angel
Old 05-20-2003 | 03:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
[QUOTE]Originally posted by amiras
[B]
Originally posted by MarkL
Sorry to hear about your mishap -- is the guy's insurance covering it?

Thanks for listening. I really needed.
Nop. I'm gonna have to pay for it. Any ideas about how much would that be?
Thanks again.

Angel
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this but I would complain to the parking garage and make THEM pay for this. If they have a door that swings out into an area where cars could be moving, then they would be at fault for the damage. Not to mention, there is a bit of a safety issue for people walking through the door as well.