C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Battery dying every weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Battery dying every weekend

A couple weeks ago after not starting my 2001 C320 for 2 1/2 days the battery was dead. I jumped it and it started right up. Drove to work and at the end of the day it started up without a problem so I went to O'Reilly's and had them test it. They said the battery wasn't holding its charge but that my alternator and starter were just fine.

This was a 10 year old OEM battery so I figured I had gotten more than enough years out of it. I replaced it and drove it every day Monday - Friday this last week and then it sat from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening and when I went to start it it was completely dead, not even a dim light or the remote unlock/lock would work.

I jumped it again and drove it around for a bit and then waited an hour after shutting it off and it started right back up. Seems like something is staying on and draining the battery. I think I'll go to O'Reilly's or Autozone and get it tested again but was wondering if anyone else is having similar issues? Suggestions?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
csaunder, Take a look at the search tool on this formum. You are not alone.

Here is one link :- https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-draining.html

Let us know how you go.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:20 AM

2006 Lexus GS300, 2007 Lexus GS350
Originally Posted by csaunder
A couple weeks ago after not starting my 2001 C320 for 2 1/2 days the battery was dead. I jumped it and it started right up. Drove to work and at the end of the day it started up without a problem so I went to O'Reilly's and had them test it. They said the battery wasn't holding its charge but that my alternator and starter were just fine.

This was a 10 year old OEM battery so I figured I had gotten more than enough years out of it. I replaced it and drove it every day Monday - Friday this last week and then it sat from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening and when I went to start it it was completely dead, not even a dim light or the remote unlock/lock would work.

I jumped it again and drove it around for a bit and then waited an hour after shutting it off and it started right back up. Seems like something is staying on and draining the battery. I think I'll go to O'Reilly's or Autozone and get it tested again but was wondering if anyone else is having similar issues? Suggestions?
I'm surprised at your surprise. I thought this was a well known problem for Benz cars.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:35 PM

2001 C320
Originally Posted by Carsy
csaunder, Take a look at the search tool on this formum. You are not alone.

Here is one link :- https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-draining.html

Let us know how you go.

Thanks, I had searched the forums and read this post but was hoping someone had an exact answer! I'll try working with the seats to see if that is it and let you know.