C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

'07 C230 won't start!! Ideas where to look?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 Mercedes C230
NEED SOME LIGHT...

Hello everyone,
i know this thread is somewhat old but I came here like most of in hope of finding some light. I own a 2007 MB C230 and i replaced the transmission about 18 months ago along with the conductor plate. Also, replaced the CPM (all four) but am still facing with a problem.

The vehicle drives excellent, I can take the car out for an hour, two hour, five hour drive with no problem (as long as I don’t turn it off) Temperature gauge normal, no light comes up. However, when I turn the vehicle off and let it sit there for 10-15 minutes and try to start it again, it won’t. It cranks, but it won’t turn on. Eventually (I’ve noticed) that once the vehicle cools down then and only then starts again. I realized that I didn’t ran into that problem during winter (cause the vehicle cools down quicker)

When the car is in that “state” (according to a tech) there no power going to the fuel pump.

Anyone else had this problem?
Old 02-09-2020, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 MB c230
i am having same issues as discussed in this thread. car ran fine when parked, went to go start it the day after and it would crank but not turn over. i have replaced battery, spark plugs and the crankshaft position sensor. still same issue, it will crank but not start. i can smell gas when trying to start it and also have checked the valve for fuel in the engine bay and it squirted out so i assume there is fuel pressure. does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be before i replace the fuel pump ? as the fuel pump is the only other issue i can think of