C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Vibration at Highway Speeds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 Sport Obsidian Black & 2005 Cadillac Escalade
Vibration at Highway Speeds

Recently purchased new 2003 C240 and have experienced a mild vibration since delivery date. With currently 1000 miles, I have had it in for service 2 times however service tech states they can't feel the vibration. They have rebalanced the michelin tires, but still vibration. I get alot of feedback in the steering wheel, even over the slightest bumps in road. The vibration seems to worsen while excelerating. I've had it over several smooth roads, however still vibration. Having driven several C240's (including friends) I know this isn't typical. Is it possibly something in the steering. Only reason I wonder is due to the excess road feel in the steering wheel. If only I can correct this issue, I would love my car. I absolutely hate the idea of scheduling another svc appointment knowing they will say there's nothing wrong with the car when there apparantly is. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Too bad I have to do the svc techs job in diagnosing the problem.

Thanks for all input
Old 05-28-2003, 07:50 AM
moomeh

i never experienced the vibration in the steering wheel, but both front doors due vibrate....apt next week to check it out

sorry i'm not much help, i only know that steering wheel vibration occur when you have misalignment. but you already tried alignment. i don't know if you can have something else cause the vibrations.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:59 AM
moomeh

maybe it is also a good time for a new member to use the search button

you'll get things like this:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...steering+wheel
Old 05-28-2003, 04:09 PM

MB C230K
One thing to add about repeat problems. Make sure you meet a tech at the dealer that you demonstrate the problem to. Once you do that, the guys tend to have a lot of pride in making sure it never comes back for that problem.

I've had repeated problems with a squeaky sunroof until I got introduced to the QA technician that checks out every fix before it goes back to the customer. He made sure the problem was fixed!

==Steffen
Old 05-28-2003, 06:46 PM

above and around 55 mph you can feel vibrations in your car if one of the wheels is misweighted or if the weight has fallen off since being balanced