C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Took a week in Norway to appreciate my Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took a week in Norway to appreciate my Coupe

Hello Folks - Just back from Norway on business.

Observation: our humble entry level C230K would be a top dog there in term of HP and engine displacement. The street was lined with all manufacturers from Kia, Citroen, Renault, Alfa, Opal... to Porsch. You name it. The biggest engine I have seen was a 2 liter on an E class (looked very new and of late model). I saw plenty of smart cars from Audi to MB A-140 to Fiat to..... Most cars regradless of brand and model are less than 1.8L. I didn't see any turbo or supercharger anywhere. I am sure there are more well endowed cars but I did't see any in my 4 days there.

Having seen what other part of the world drives I do feel how previlleged we are here in the US. The C-Coupe aint bad folks.

What drove me nut was that there were no STOP sign to signal right-of-way. Instead there were traffic circles everywhere. I lileraturally run thru a few of them on many occasions.

BTW - there was no Acura, Lexus or Infinity - not even one

Our coupe would fit right in with the twisty roads there.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 : 2007 C230
Re: Took a week in Norway to appreciate my Coupe

Originally posted by Benzer
What drove me nut was that there were no STOP sign to signal right-of-way. Instead there were traffic circles everywhere. I lileraturally run thru a few of them on many occasions.
That's the way it should be, keep traffic moving
Old 05-28-2003, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4

I think those exist only in U.S. for American public that can't see paying over 30K for a Honda, Toyota or Nissan
Old 05-28-2003, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)

Having seen what other part of the world drives I do feel how previlleged we are here in the US. The C-Coupe aint bad folks.
Can't tell this bunch that. Most have never left the US.

What drove me nut was that there were no STOP sign to signal right-of-way. Instead there were traffic circles everywhere. I lileraturally run thru a few of them on many occasions..
Roundabouts. They are everywhere in England. A few of the more enlightened communities in the US have experimented with them. Does wonders for reducing speed in residential areas. Fewer accidents.

That's because they are just marketing gimmicks used for shallow americans. All are still Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans. I think Mazda had one in the works too, I think with the Millennia to be the first car from it...the whole project was stillborn because of dismal sales and a cash crunch at Mazda, IIRC. Toyota is planning to role out the name in Japan now as well.

I haven't been to Norway, but Ive traveled exstensively on the continent and in England, and all I can say is that we are soooo pampered and protected here its crazy. Sounds like it was a fun trip for you!