C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

DVD player and connector for COMAND??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD player and connector for COMAND??

hmm...after the comand installed...

does anyone know where I can buy the DVD player for the comand and what connectors should I buy and where to buy it from?

how much does it cost approx?

How can I have my dealer turn OFF the safety button so that the passenger can watch the movie even at speed > 5 mph?? Is this still possible?

Does anyone in Atlanta know the dealer around here who can do this setting change??

thanks
Old 06-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Almost a Member!

C200 CDI w203
Hey...

good to hear that it is working!! As for the DVD player, there is a socket available in europe for about 300 EUR, this allows you to attach the dvd directly and one can watch dvd even while driving!! But honestly, who watches dvd while driving?? the only useful thing is to listen to mp3, which makes it a better buy than a cd changer!!

regards

Rumman
Old 06-05-2003, 11:32 AM

Rumman,

thanks for the info; let me confirm, what I read before was that I need to have MB dealer with STAR after June 2002 to allow me watch movies during driving (actually the passengers not the driver) because they can turn OFF the safety locks.

If this DVD connection will allow me to watch it when driving, please let me know (by email or here) what type, brand, and where I can buy it from.

thanks again
Old 06-06-2003, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
couple of options

You have a couple of options for your mod. You can buy a TV tuner and install it to your comand system. The tuner module has 2 a/v imputs. for this to work, the dealer has to disable 4 triggers that won't let you play the dvd player on teh screen. I will write details on this in a few days at www.mercedesmods.com I am still in the process of updating the website. Second, if you buy a av module from megacomm.de, it won't work since the inputs are PAL and we require NTSC. Third, if you just want audio, you can use the jack in the glove box or add one if you don't have one and use that as aux input.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by rsyed
As for the DVD player, there is a socket available in europe for about 300 EUR, this allows you to attach the dvd directly and one can watch dvd even while driving!!
BUT is no good for the US due to differences in PAL/NTSC and the not used scart connectors in the US...

greetingz,