C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Info for Zupfmann

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Info for Zupfmann

Hey Frank,

I did some research and I strongly believe your issue is your MAF.
I looked up the codes that you sent me and the P203B is the main key. It's eighter the MAF or the ECU that's bad. I am very sure that it's not your ECU. The MAF makes sense due to all the misfires and only acting up when you are stopped and/or slowly moving. Remember my PM? The MAF can cause some wierd issues (especially in a CAN BUS) where it will lead investigation into a different area. Since I got ESP error due to my MAF and misfires due to my MAF I think yours is the same isseu as well. I'm 90% sure it's the MAF. But to gain the 10% let's do a little test. Unplug your MAF sensor and run the car. If the car runs the same and it doesn't get any worse then it's definitely your MAF. If it indeed is the MAF I recommend buying it from rmeuropean.com (since I found them to be the cheapest). I attached a document on how to change the MAF. It's a simple task just buy the MAF and change it yourself.

Here is a screenshot of the main code (P203B) MAF is definitely the culprit.

The rest are just misfire codes (most likely due to the MAf issue)

Changing the MAF

Click Here

Good Luck,

I'm pretty confident It's the MAF especially looking at the codes. But we can't be too sure, so let's hope for the best. Keep us updated, let us know how it goes.

-Karo