C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

ahhhh, the problems begin.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB C230 coupe
Unhappy ahhhh, the problems begin.

don't pay any attention to the sad face smilie next to the title of this post. i'm really not upset.

anyway, my check engine light came on and there were two things wrong. bad engine wiring harness and bad oxygen sensor. so it seems that the 2003's are also plagued with the bad engine wiring harnesses.

anyway, i'm not upset at all about this. i knew the risks of the goofy electronics in the coupes. i'll let you know my feelings after my 10th trip to the dealership. seriously, i'm a very hard person to upset and i don't let things bother me very easily. my head is still head high, and i love my car. after all, i did run it into a garage door and a taxi cab. maybe it's just getting back at me.

now, if this were to continue after the warranty is up, then i would be throwing stuff and punching the wall. but that has yet to be seen.

i believe the same still holds true as has always been true with MB. and that's the good engine and good transmission and that's the most important thing. correct me if i'm wrong here.

as of right now i'm this:

hopefully it won't come to this:

Last edited by truelove; 06-10-2003 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
electronics

I think electronics are the work of the devil; a necessity maybe in a modern clean-running car, but definitely an evil at the same time. I feel the same as you do about the complexity in the multiplexed wiring of the C 230 K. It's far too complicated and exposed to the elements and vibration to be immune to occasional problems.

Nope, give me my 1966 404 C anytime. The whole wiring harness for that car would fit in a kid's lunchbox, and the mechanical fuel injection system by Kugelfischer of Munich Germany is not only a thing of beauty, it's seriously reliable