C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Exhaust Upgrade for W203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 07:46 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
Exhaust Upgrade for W203

I have a 2001 C320 and want to change the exhaust to either a single outlet with dual tips or dual outlets. After some research I find I can replace the stock muffler with the single or dual pipes that are part of the muffler. along with changing the lower valence. My questions.
. I have not looked under the car yet, so is it a simple process of removing the stock muffler and bolting on the new? Is the stock exhaust 1 piece and I will have to cut out the muffler and weld in the new one?

. Is the valence replacement a simple bolt on also? If I go with the single outlet will a valence from C32 bolt on with no modifications?
If I go with the dual outlets I know I will have to search the aftermarket for a valence.

Thanks ...
Old 06-15-2003, 07:13 PM

2003 MB C230K Sports Sedan
Re: Exhaust Upgrade for W203

Originally posted by Larry Stevenson
I have a 2001 C320 and want to change the exhaust to either a single outlet with dual tips or dual outlets. After some research I find I can replace the stock muffler with the single or dual pipes that are part of the muffler. along with changing the lower valence. My questions.
. I have not looked under the car yet, so is it a simple process of removing the stock muffler and bolting on the new? Is the stock exhaust 1 piece and I will have to cut out the muffler and weld in the new one?

. Is the valence replacement a simple bolt on also? If I go with the single outlet will a valence from C32 bolt on with no modifications?
If I go with the dual outlets I know I will have to search the aftermarket for a valence.

Thanks ...

If i were you i would go with the Eisenmann race.. No valance modification needed and you get the single outlet with the dual oval tips... Beautiful sound..

-Alex
Old 06-16-2003, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

r171
if you use a brand suck as carlsson, brabus or lorinser for exhaust, you wont have to change your rear bumper.

you will need to cut off the old muffler to install a new one. you wont be able to do it yourself