C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230K SS lowering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55 AMG, 2005 E55 AMG
C230K SS lowering

So......

I want to lower only the front because I feel the rear is at a good height. I have an 05 C230k SS so its already lower than usual. I want to lower only the front a little bit. Do I have to buy springs for all 4 still? Or I've heard things about changing the pad #?

Let me know what you guys think
Old 12-13-2011, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
Fronts dont have pads just the rears. You can search the classifieds for some springs. Just dont but tein springs for ss because the spring rate is lower than the ss springs so your ride wont feel firm. If you want to lower it a bit get h&r or eibach springs. Eibach will give it a nice subtle even drop all around still giving it that forward lean it should have. H&R actually lower the rear a little more than the front so some will cut a coil off the front or will get #4 pads to raise the rear up to match the front.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic Sport
I put some eibach pro kit in my car, take a look at the pics in this thread.

It lowered 1inch in the front. not much but looks better. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...view-pics.html
Old 12-13-2011, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by phister
Fronts dont have pads just the rears. You can search the classifieds for some springs. Just dont but tein springs for ss because the spring rate is lower than the ss springs so your ride wont feel firm. If you want to lower it a bit get h&r or eibach springs. Eibach will give it a nice subtle even drop all around still giving it that forward lean it should have. H&R actually lower the rear a little more than the front so some will cut a coil off the front or will get #4 pads to raise the rear up to match the front.
I will probably go the Eibach way then. I like the safe bet and dont like cutting coils! I had put on H&R's on my C240 and the camber was off reaaaaalllll bad. Im assuming, and having talked to another member, that lowering the C230k SS with just springs will not mess with the camber too much.

Any truth to this Phister? I know youre the wiz here about this haha
Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
With suspsension you want to do an alignment after replacing or switching parts. Since the eibach dont lower it a lot your camber will be off a bit but an alignment will fix it. Just get it to mb specs for our cars thats important to do mb specs since the passenger side numbers are different from the driver side to accomidate the US roads.

your front camber wont change much the rears are the ones thatll need the adjusting usually. You can either buy ghostriders kit for the rears or mb sells some fluted bolts thatll give you some camber adjusting. The bolts are are fairly cheap and will do the job in your case if your car doesnt have them. Put the springs on and drive it for a couple days to let it settle in then take it in for an alignment.

Last edited by phister; 12-14-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by phister
With suspsension you want to do an alignment after replacing or switching parts. Since the eibach dont lower it a lot your camber will be off a bit but an alignment will fix it. Just get it to mb specs for our cars thats important to do mb specs since the passenger side numbers are different from the driver side to accomidate the US roads.

your front camber wont change much the rears are the ones thatll need the adjusting usually. You can either buy ghostriders kit for the rears or mb sells some fluted bolts thatll give you some camber adjusting. The bolts are are fairly cheap and will do the job in your case if your car doesnt have them. Put the springs on and drive it for a couple days to let it settle in then take it in for an alignment.

That's why youre the man Phister. Im gonna get the Eibachs probably since I love to have the downwards slant in the front of my C230. H&R's you said lower the rear and I like the rear where its at, if anything I can change pad numbers.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
yeah usually when people get the H&R they use #4 pads to pick it up so it'll give the car the downward profile its suppose to have..
Old 12-14-2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230K Sedan
the teins gave my car a nice drop but im thinking about cutting a bit from the front so it sits a little lower, a lot stiffer too compared to my pre-facelift springs
Old 12-15-2011, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
Teins give preface lift a nice drop and stiffer spring rate but on the SS models its a lot softer and only give about a 0.5" drop all around. at first it feels stiff but after awhile you can tell the difference between SS and teins, also the SS springs drop our cars lower than C32 springs.

Just remember if you cut the springs it ruins the spring rate and will change the ride quality.