C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Turn signal problems - nothing works

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
Turn signal problems - nothing works

Hello Everyone,

I am working on some electrical issues with a 2003 C240.

I did a search and can't seem to find out how to fix this issue. Here is the problem:

It started out with the turn signal when pushed up to activate the right turn signal would not lock in place. The right turn signal light works but the lever would not stay in place. It seemed like the mechanism was broken so I took it apart and replaced it the entire stalk. With the new stalk in, nothing works! No head lights, all turn signals out and no wipers. I checked all the fuses and they all seem fine. All the wires seem intact and cant seem to find anything loose. I put the old one back in and now nothing is working.

Is it the SAM? How do you check the SAM Status? Interior lights and doors still lock and unlock. Based on what I read the front SAM controls some of the issues I am having but some of the Front SAM controls are still working.

I am lost on this one. I would appreciate any help or links that would help me fix this without going to the dealer.

Thanks everyone!