C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Some pics from my sway install :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some pics from my sway install :)

Ok, so I installed my Eibach swaybars today. I am going to drive them for a little while, at least a few days and one AutoX, then I will be installing a set of Evosport swaybars. So, this is the first in a series of threads regarding swaybars that is going to be coming from me.

Here is the stock front bar, and the Eibach.
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-mvc-001s.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The end of the front bars, the Eibach has two possible settings. Deductive reasoning lead me to beleive that the forward most hole, created the stiffest setting.
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-mvc-002s.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The stock rear swaybar. No freakin comment. I think someone had once called it a coat hanger. It really is a joke.
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-mvc-003s.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 06:04 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Originally posted by nukblazi
The stock rear swaybar. No freakin comment. I think someone had once called it a coat hanger. It really is a joke.
nice pics. where did you get the eibach's from and how much? Do they come complete with bushings as well or did u reuse the factory ones? Look forward to the follow up.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Again, the rear bars, just a little closer...
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-mvc-004s.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The rear bar installed....
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-mvc-005s.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The front bar installed....
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-mvc-006s.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The front endlink, I went ahead and set it up in the forward most bolt hole. I will see what it is like in the other setting either later this week, or after the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-mvc-007s.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The damage from the parking lot in NYC I cursed about in Off-Topic awhile ago.
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-mvc-008s.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The other side. *******s. I think I called them sheep loving somethings or another then said I hope thier wives ran off with Taxi drivers. I still wish them unrelenting pain.
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-mvc-009s.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by tberry
nice pics. where did you get the eibach's from and how much? Do they come complete with bushings as well or did u reuse the factory ones? Look forward to the follow up.
Hey there-

I had taken a pic of where and how to get the rear bar in over the exhaust pipe and other obstructions. Somehow the pics got lost...

Anyway, unless my faith in Brad and Ben from Evosport is completely misguided, these Eibach's with be for sale in about a week or so. I paid $367.00 from Pure-motorsport.com. They did a great job getting me the sways in a timely manner. There was a miscommunication and I didn't receive a confirmation email but they did send it.

I think I will be selling these for about $275 or $300 + shipping when I am done with them. I want to test both settings on both street and autox course. So the bars will have <100 miles on them if I sell them.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 : 2007 C230
The end of the front bars, the Eibach has two possible settings. Deductive reasoning lead me to beleive that the forward most hole, created the stiffest setting.
Does this clear it up.
Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my sway install :)-sway_comparison.jpg  
Old 06-19-2003, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For some reason everytime I do an install, it freakin rains.

So, I will go abuse the car a little later and post my thoughts.

Initial thoughts from the drive home from the shop, holy pancake. H&R Sport Springs plus the Eibach sways felt much tighter then the all Eibach set up I used to have, if I am remembering correctly.

My favorite little S-Turn down the road between my house and my shop was amazing. I went through it faster on a wet road with this set up, then I could in the dry with OEM shocks and sways.

There seems to be barely any, if any body roll at moderate speeds. But the real test, it the drive from NJ to CT, then the AutoX in CT. That'll be on Sunday.

My goal is as trackable as possible of a setup, without requiring a kidney transplant.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by KWiK
Does this clear it up.
Yup, deductive reasoning rocks. I picked the setting I wanted, so I will not be changing it.

Thanks Kwik.... Hey, where can I get that tool for the little threaded piece on the top of the strut? Do you know the proper torque for the top of the strut?

Thomas
Old 06-19-2003, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey, where can I get that tool for the little threaded piece on the top of the strut?
From your dealer or Klann. I have part #s for both at home so I will try to remember to post them tonight.

Do you know the proper torque for the top of the strut?
I don't remember off the top of my head. I'll see if I can dig it up again.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks kwik I used a torque wrench to take best guesses at all the torque numbers when I was disassembling everything. I planned on asking for exact numbers on here later tonight, then retorquing everything Sat. before the AutoX.

Did you see my times I posted from the other events?
Old 06-19-2003, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
375 that was for both front and rear sway? come with eibach bushings or new bushings or u using the stock ones?

what things yhave you noticed diff since your install

be hoenst and descriptive as you can

im considering getting some new sways to replace stock ones too.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey sorry I forgot to answer the earlier question regarding the bushings.

Everything you need is included. Two bars, fornt and rear, new poly bushings, and lythium(?) lube for the bushings.

You have to be careful when installing the sways. The 03' Coupe has different end links, with smaller bolts on the endlink, so you might need to buy AMG endlinks from your dealer. Part numbers have been posted in other threads.

First of all, don't consider it, do it. The difference is unbelievable. Really tight, little or no body roll. Reduces understeer too I think. I am going to have to play with the tire pressures again. I think I felt a slight oversteer in a few faster turns. Again, since it was raining, it is hard to give a good description.

There is NO MORE of that feeling like the **** end wants to come around on you. Again, I haven't been able to push it. Turn in felt great though!

I will be at the CART autox event in CT this Sunday unless it is raining. If it is raining in CT on Sunday, I am going to the SCCA Nationals in DC. I plan on being somewhere at an autox every Sunday so long as there is one.

Friday the 11th, I will be at a M CLub, www.themclub.net event at the Meadowlands in NJ. And on Sunday the 13th, I will be at the Bear mountain GTG that is posted in E&G. So if anyone is in the area and wants to go for a ride to fell the diff instead of reading about it, let me know and I will happily let you take it for a spin.

I have to go shower now, be back later.

Last edited by nukblazi; 06-19-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Rincewind
375 that was for both front and rear sway? come with eibach bushings or new bushings or u using the stock ones?
I just checked the PURE-motorsport web site and it lists the Eibach sway kit at only $344. The kit come with both front & rear bars and bushing.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
. Reduces understeer too I think. I am going to have to play with the tire pressures again. I think I felt a slight oversteer in a few faster turns. Again, since it was raining, it is hard to give a good description.

There is NO MORE of that feeling like the **** end wants to come around on you.
If you think the back end wanted to come around when stock, that increase in rear bar diameter is really going to make it come around. But I can't see how your car could have been tail happy when stock, that does'nt sound right.

P.S. your camera is broken - it's way out of focus
Old 06-19-2003, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by KWiK
I just checked the PURE-motorsport web site and it lists the Eibach sway kit at only $344. The kit come with both front & rear bars and bushing.
Front Bar + 2 replacement bushings
Rear bar + 2 replacement bushings
one tube'o'lube

$367 including shipping.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nuk, could you please let me know how much the ride comfort changes? iotw, how much would my wife notice? I _love_ taking turns as quickly as possible, even though it's just a stock 230 sedan.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Zeppelin
If you think the back end wanted to come around when stock, that increase in rear bar diameter is really going to make it come around. But I can't see how your car could have been tail happy when stock, that does'nt sound right.
I've had these bars before, I experienced greater tail control both then, and seemingly now. I think that the autox is what matters to most to me anyhow, and I am going to find out Sunday.

When I say feeling, I am refering to the insane amount of body roll when corning hard and often, like in an autox. Yeah, OEM I was way tail happy on the course. The H&R sports spring definately helped. The weight transfer going through a salom seemed to significantly contribute to the fishtailing.

But then again, this is the exact reason I am ordering the Evosport bars on Friday, and installing them Mon. or Tues. of next week.

P.S. your camera is broken - it's way out of focus
Yeah, thanks. It's actually the trembling in my hands I have had since a kid, like me father. My hands aren't steady.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by jpb5151
Nuk, could you please let me know how much the ride comfort changes? iotw, how much would my wife notice? I _love_ taking turns as quickly as possible, even though it's just a stock 230 sedan.
I will strap a woman into the seat who is used to the car and ask.

A friend said that she wasn't being bounced around as violently after I had installed the springs. She prefered the ride after the Sport Springs to OEM.

Like when I cross the commuter tracks to my place, my car would rock really hard back and forth. It still rocks, but the continuing rebounds are going. So it is, one, two, done. Instead of wobble wobble wobble.

Edit-- Wait, jpb, you're in the area right??? I forget but if you are, we can get together this weekend and you can take her for a ride, ask her what she thinks... I wouldn't mind.

Last edited by nukblazi; 06-19-2003 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alright friends, the roads are dry. I am going to play on familiar roads. Later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics from my sway install :)