C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

pogo door lock -_-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 c280 4matic
pogo door lock -_-

alright so about a week ago i unlocked my car to get in and it sounded like a baby machine gun just went off.. lol i kept unlocking it to see where it was coming from and its the rear passenger door lock. every time i unlock it goes up and down really fast and stays locked. it actually broke the golf tee off from moving so fast. so after some googling ive come to the conclusion its the lock actuator. now ive found a guide on here to replace it but i just thought 1. i should run it by u guys see if u think that is my issue and 2. changing it wont be an issue for me but since the door is stuck locked how can i manage to unlock it so as to remove the panels and replace it

while i got your attention i got 2 minor problems that i'm hoping someone can help me with.

the first being my glove box light. it doesn't turn on so the first thing i thought was the light bulb so i replaced it and still no luck. then i checked the fuse it seemed good but just to make sure i replaced it anyway. it turned on! but then it refused to turn on again so i checked the fuse again, still looked good but switched back to the original again just to see. it turned on again for the first day but then went back to staying off. what could be the problem and were should i look?

the second problem is my alarm. it doesn't sound at all the lights go off but that's it. i did the same process as i did with the light checked the fuse seemed good but changed it anyways it sounded for a couple days then went silent again. went back to the original fuse and same issue.

neither of those are to important but it would be nice to figure out i'm assuming there is a short or unwanted ground or something along those lines maybe a bad switch or so any help would be awesome ty
Old 01-26-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 c280 4matic
bump lol come on now theres gotta be someone that can help D:
Old 01-26-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
yup you have to replace the lock mechanism...as for the lock button...hmm not sure what to do.. I am sure you can figure out some way of reaching in there and pulling it up.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:44 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
just follow the guide you found the replace the door lock. if you are unable to just pull on the lock pin, keep unlocking it while pulling the door handle till it is unlocked. sometimes they'll open and sometimes they will not.

as far as the other issue. they might be your front SAM being glitchy