C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C Coupe Power Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question C Coupe Power Seats

When do the power seats return to a memory position after having been changed (e.g., after wife drives the car). When you press the remote unlock? When you put the key in the ignition?

Is this programmable?
Old 11-19-2001, 02:51 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Hey, IrishinNE

On my C320, the seat retains the memory of the last key used until another key is inserted (I have 'key dependant" selected in the set-up menus. So, when the wife uses the car, she just inserts her key and turns to Pos#1, and the seats and wheel move to her stored position#1. We have the "easy entry" feature programmed with both Wheel and seat retraction option, so when she leaves the car, the seat retracts to (her) easy out position, which is just enough leg room to permit me to sit in the car. When I insert my key, the motors whine in all directions to move everything to my primary settings.

I wish it would do all these gyrations based on pressing the unlock button on the remote before you get into the car, (I understand some Lexus' do this), but instead, it appears to work on key insertion.

I'm not sure if any of this is programmable beyond what is specified in the owner's manual. Anyone else have any input?