C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Starting to mod my W203. Need help, advice, comments, and suggestions please! :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2012 | 01:02 AM

W203
Starting to mod my W203. Need help, advice, comments, and suggestions please! :)

Hey guys, ive been dreaming about modding my 2003 C240 4Matic which ive owned since 2003 but never got around to doing anything to the car. Yes, ive owned the car since 2003 but havent done any mods.

I bought an AMG kit from (duraflex) 2 years back thinking I'd put it on and start modding, but never got to it.

So yesterday, i got rear ended by some 17 year old and walked away with $$$
The damage wasnt much; only need to change the rear bumper and paint it. But i though, heyyy I can finally make use of that kit thats been collecting dust for 2 years! So Ive decided on putting the kit on with a few other things along with the kit. I just needed some help as to weather im going in the right direction or not. Ive never modded a car before (only bikes ) and therefore am relying on your guys help

Along with the kit, Id like to do the following mods:
1. Lower my car using springs (because stock need to replaced anyways ) I was thinking about using these springs because ive been reading around and to my understanding the AWD have complete different suspension that non-awd I think these are correct but id like to verify before ordering.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EIBACH-PROKI...ht_1699wt_1270
Ive rear that these are supposed to be really good. Can anyone verify the feel of these using after market rims?

2. I will be in need of fog lights to go along with the new AMG bumper..any suggestions? I want yellow fogs because ill be painting the stock calipers soon to yellow as well

3. Im getting a custom quad magnaflow catback with AMG tips for an amazing deal by a local shop who works on exhausts for high-end cars. Was quoted $430 if I bough by own tips. So I need AMG tips as well. Any suggestions?

4. Id like to get a new set of wheels. I dunno if I should go with 18's or 19's. I really like the staggered setup like below. Would I have any fitment/rubbing issues? Specially cause im lowering already? Any suggestions on tires?
(A) http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-Mercedes-...ht_3042wt_1270
(B) http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-Mercedes-...ht_3042wt_1270
Any other wheel suggestions are welcomed

5. I also want to get spacers. Any suggestions? I was thinking about 10mm (front) 20mm(back)..or would that be too much since the rear rims are 9.5 already? Would i have rubbing issues? Would the rear wheels stick out too much?

I know im a newbie, and ive been reading. I just need some suggestions and opinions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S- Im a college student so $$$ is obviously an issue
And my car is Black with black interior.
Looking forward to comments. Thanks a lot in advance!

I have a list of other things that id like to do such as new headlights, grill, etc. But these are some of the things that id like to do all together. Hopefully start in a day or two with the kit. Ill be taking pics of the progress and posting them if anyone's interested XD
Old 03-13-2012 | 01:09 AM

2001 C320 Automatic
http://www.sprintboostersales.com/

best mod for performance i like it. other than that for 329$ not such a bad mod pretty fun.

i just invested in a new water pump , thermostat, belts, filters, gaskets and sensors. be prepared to fork out money for repairs coming up.
Old 03-13-2012 | 01:32 AM

W203
Not looking into performance mod YET! LOL
but is there anything i can do to increase hp? just curious. im not trying to break the bank here either LOL maybe an ecu remap?

i was also reading that its very hard to gain hp on the c230 05+...is there any such thing with the c240's?

Thanks though, will keep in mind to save for maintenance/repairs
Old 03-13-2012 | 01:54 AM

2001 C320 Automatic
ive never done anything with the ecu . I can imagine eurocharged Will be way expensive for you . Ive only tuned my mustang with a tuner and custom tune really worth it in my opinion . http://www.eurocharged.com/ check out eurocharged . I think the sprint booster is your best bet . Its got 3 modes and from what ive felt they make a real diff .
Old 03-13-2012 | 03:37 AM

C32 AMG and a 2004 Porsche Cayenne
Neon lights! and lots of them too!
Old 03-13-2012 | 09:22 AM

2005 c230 kompressor 2003 s500 94 wrangler
Originally Posted by suhailp92
Hey guys, ive been dreaming about modding my 2003 C240 4Matic which ive owned since 2003 but never got around to doing anything to the car. Yes, ive owned the car since 2003 but havent done any mods.

I bought an AMG kit from (duraflex) 2 years back thinking I'd put it on and start modding, but never got to it.

So yesterday, i got rear ended by some 17 year old and walked away with $$$
The damage wasnt much; only need to change the rear bumper and paint it. But i though, heyyy I can finally make use of that kit thats been collecting dust for 2 years! So Ive decided on putting the kit on with a few other things along with the kit. I just needed some help as to weather im going in the right direction or not. Ive never modded a car before (only bikes ) and therefore am relying on your guys help

Along with the kit, Id like to do the following mods:
1. Lower my car using springs (because stock need to replaced anyways ) I was thinking about using these springs because ive been reading around and to my understanding the AWD have complete different suspension that non-awd I think these are correct but id like to verify before ordering.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EIBACH-PROKI...ht_1699wt_1270
Ive rear that these are supposed to be really good. Can anyone verify the feel of these using after market rims?

2. I will be in need of fog lights to go along with the new AMG bumper..any suggestions? I want yellow fogs because ill be painting the stock calipers soon to yellow as well

3. Im getting a custom quad magnaflow catback with AMG tips for an amazing deal by a local shop who works on exhausts for high-end cars. Was quoted $430 if I bough by own tips. So I need AMG tips as well. Any suggestions?

4. Id like to get a new set of wheels. I dunno if I should go with 18's or 19's. I really like the staggered setup like below. Would I have any fitment/rubbing issues? Specially cause im lowering already? Any suggestions on tires?
(A) http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-Mercedes-...ht_3042wt_1270
(B) http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-Mercedes-...ht_3042wt_1270
Any other wheel suggestions are welcomed

5. I also want to get spacers. Any suggestions? I was thinking about 10mm (front) 20mm(back)..or would that be too much since the rear rims are 9.5 already? Would i have rubbing issues? Would the rear wheels stick out too much?

I know im a newbie, and ive been reading. I just need some suggestions and opinions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S- Im a college student so $$$ is obviously an issue
And my car is Black with black interior.
Looking forward to comments. Thanks a lot in advance!

I have a list of other things that id like to do such as new headlights, grill, etc. But these are some of the things that id like to do all together. Hopefully start in a day or two with the kit. Ill be taking pics of the progress and posting them if anyone's interested XD
hey which college u go to in chicago? i live like by ohare

ill race your slow car hahaha....mine is slow too but not as slow
Old 03-13-2012 | 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
hub size are wrong our cars. look like you need to do more research. our hub size is 66.56 so you would need to purchase hub rings if you want those wheels. as for spacers it all depends on what the wheel offset and width is then you can determine the spacers not the other way around. if you get 8.5 infront i wouldn't do lower than a +25 and higher than a+38 offset. as for rear in 9.5 wouldn't do lower than + 20 and higher than +38. but the lower you go you'll have to start pulling and rolling the fender. if you don't want to go to that trouble i would stick with the offsets that the wheel comes with. +32 front and +35 rear won't require any fender forming.

Last edited by phister; 03-13-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-13-2012 | 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
also 4matic do have different suspension than the non awd. vogtland makes springs for 4matics i believe.
Old 03-13-2012 | 10:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Honestly, with a 240, unless you're interested in an engine swap, you're better off not even trying to boost the performance - you're better off sticking to suspension and cosmetic items.

And having said that, one of the worst things you could do would be to put heavy rims on. Which means 18" rims max, and hopefully lightweight ones at that.
Old 03-13-2012 | 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
You could add some power to that motor. You can make it more fun to drive but it wont be as powerful as the other w203's. Intake, tune, exhaust is enough to have fun with the car!
Old 03-13-2012 | 12:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Intake/exhaust would add maybe 2hp total. A tune may get you a few more ponies, but what does that really matter with that engine?
Old 03-13-2012 | 01:16 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport
I have purchased my first W203(2006). Now being an Audi tech by trade I know everything about Audi's but nothing about Benz. Now with that being said, in the mainland I have a 2004 Audi A4 with JOM Coilovers.

My question is, knowing that we are all still part of the VDub/Audi love crew and all, with having a Benz now should I go coilovers or just a set of H&R Springs??

I will be putting on 19's VF 100's and spacers to make everything sit flush.

Just thought I would ask.
Old 03-13-2012 | 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
You could get more than 2hp cmon! A EC tune has claimed up to 18hp. Even if so, That is 20hp! Would be nice to have that extra power since it is 4matic.
Old 03-15-2012 | 07:15 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
240 with underdrive pulley kit, tune, intake, and exhaust pulls nicely.