C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Dension Gateway Lite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 c230 4cyl supercharge
Dension Gateway Lite

I am looking into getting this. As I see it, it replaces the CD player, which is OK. Anyone use one of these?

Thanks
Bob
Old 04-06-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 ML350
I haven't, but would be interested to hear feedback if you decide to pull the trigger on it. Looks pretty cool.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 PM

2004 C320
I Have it.. Just got it installed a month ago!!!! AWESOME!

Yes you loose your cd changer but who cares, you get to use ipod. Works great SOUNDS awesome with the Bose...

The link to the install video and to purchase is here

That is actually my car with the installation being done. If you are in the NY/NJ area i would 100% recommend Autotoys doing the install.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 AM

C320 4Matic & GLK350 4Matic
It would be nice to have Ipod in the car. I have a 16G I barely use because I haven't updated it after I purchased a new computer. I might have to make that a priority over the summer to have a hardwired line. I use the fm transmitter and it isn't the best imo.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 AM

I ordered mine the other day. Really looking forward to it. I am going to install it myself. In talking with Dension the radio does not have to be pulled. All the connects are from the CD player. I am going to do it myself. The only thing I can't see how to do is run the ipod wire to the top arm rest.

c-ya
Bob
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 AM

I sent an e-mail to autotoys about their installs and location, this was their response. 'Unless you have a different radio than what we video taped already, we are not interested in doing the same install again.'
That was it. WTF..... they can't answer a question? I read more and the FAQ is the same.
Q: Can I come to your locations not in NJ
A. Autotoys.com is a registered trademark. We have absolutely no afffiliation with any stores name "AUTO TOYS" or any variations in the name outside of New Jersey. We have no idea who they are, what their qualifications are, or what they do. Our videos and our installations have nothing to do with anyone with related names. Do not be mislead into a store outside of NJ thinking we are the same organization, they are not part of us. Do not make any assumptions of their work based on our videos and our installations.
Am I missing something? I won't be buying from them again.

Bob
Old 04-11-2012, 06:38 PM

I got it today. No time to install it but looks like the instructions were copied and the copier was set to LIGHT. I can hardly read them. The box say the part number is DB1, what I ordered. Everything else says DB2. I DON'T have
a warm fuzzy about this. Strike two, maybe three. I will let you know.

Bob
Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C240, 2013 GLK 250, 70 'cuda
Do keep us posted please.
This little item has me interested but not if it's junk. I would love to be able to have Blutooth and ipod capabilites in my 240.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 PM

2004 C320
im telling you guys, its great product, they do mislable the fiber optics for the install. it comes with both command and the one we have (whats the name) but for my install we had to use the command fiberoptic to work.

Remember you have to turn off the car plug everything in then restart the car or it wont read properly.

Now as far as the website autotoys is concerned, im not sure why they are down now or what their install policies are as i was a test to have that recorded video.

let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 PM

2004 C320
ps lite version is not bluetooth. You have to get the $500 model for the blue tooth capabilities
Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 PM

Sorry for the length. I have calmed down a LOT.

I took out my CD player LAST Friday. I sent autotoys.com an e-mail on how to proceed. They said 'If you have an existing cd changer in the car, you need an optical loop no matter where you are installing it. In the glove or behind the radio.
That part can be found here ....' It doesn't come with the kit.(why would it) I go to the site and scroll down and down. O, there is the SAME looking product with a WORD changed, I need that. SO. I can't proceed with the install because I don't have the loop and can't take out the radio because I don't have the star tool. Autotoys does have video's available, O, you have to have gmail too. I don't have gmail and really don't want it. Bottom line is I HAVE to buy the loop and get gmail.

I order the loop. I get an e-mail that my order was canceled. I get another e-mail saying use this code and get free shipping. COOL, Thanks! I go back to reorder and they had a price increase! This is all within 2 hours! I ask and I get back. Yes, that is the new price, sorry. But you are saving over 10 in shipping. REALLY!

INSTALL: I still don't know if this is a passive device. This is from tech support: 'The power does NOT plug it. You need to tap it and then wire it to the right wires off the dension harness'. Tap it..... tap what? 'right wires'. In my benze there is red, brown green. Dension, red black purple. NEVER got a response to that one.

From Richard Ho, 'We answered your question. Stay within the ticket. If you cannot understand the answers, we recommend professional installation. The power plug DOES NOT plug in nor should you expect it to, it is not a mercedes part.'

Just like the FAQ, Words are put in but no questions are answered.

No more purchases from them.

This LOOKS like it will be cool. Now getting it working is the key.

Bob
Old 04-19-2012, 02:39 PM

2004 C320
Damn dude,

I would say come by and i would help you but you are all the way in philly. Let me know if you swing by NY City..

You would be able to see it installed in my car....

Keep me posted.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 GLC300 4Matic
I've done that same installation in my car and once I sold the unit to my friend I also installed that same unit on his car. too bad you guys are too far from Cali.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 GLC300 4Matic
Now that i think about it, I think I have the original instructions on how to install the unit. let me check and I could send them via email to you. but let me check first.