C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New fix?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004.5 c230k
New fix?

So for those who have ever had intermittent starting problems and have tried many numerous fixes to figure it out and still no success, a last resort fix could save you from replacing your whole EIS unit if it's the problem.

My problem was my electronics turned on and steering wheel unlocked but the engine wouldn't crank. No starter start at all. It would take at least 20 tries before the car runs. Btw my car only has 75k on it, so for starting problems to begin, I was very frustrated.

As I had the problem, I tried Checking my 31,52, & 57 fuses without any change in my engine starting. I changed the starter relay, no help. Changed the CPS, no help. Resorted to changing the starter, again no help.

One night I took the EIS out to look for loose wires but it looked ok. While I was under there I realized a switch begin my clutch. Just playing around I wiggled it and tried to start the car it it did. I started my car this way for the next few days and most of the time it started on the first try. Now I just replaced the switch and it works great! Normal start up on the first try every time.

I don't know if this fix has been found, as I've done numerous searches but never came across replacing clutch position switch. Hopefully this will help you guys, cuz I'm glad I just saved hundreds!

Last edited by niceguyftx; 04-16-2012 at 11:11 AM.