C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Found the cause and need help/advise with a solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA45 AMG
Found the cause and need help/advise with a solution

whats up fellas, alright so for a past month or my car was making squeaky/clanky type of noise which came from the rear right wheel. i took it to MB dealership several times but it seemed that somehow my car knew that it was at the dealership and it would STOP MAKING THE NOISE. it was annoying and embarrassing. Any way yesterday i was driving to the dentist when suddenly the noise came luckily i was 3/4 mile away from the exit for the dealership so i ditched the dentist appt and went to the dealership in order for this mess to get taken care of. Today i found out that my shocks are DONE DONE DONE, and the dealership is giving me a CRAZY estimate to replace them. However, i was thinking about lowering my car and was interested in getting a set of springs and shocks and struts. Now my questions is what else do i need in order to lower the car the proper way, a friend of mine told me that i needed a camber kit and after researching online i found KMAC makes them but they're FREAKING EXPENSIVE!!!!!!! so suggest something ANYthing helps just need to gain some knowledge about this mod before i give it a go
Old 05-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
If I remember correctly we have a sponsor on here that sells them for a decent price.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
Ghostrider sells the rear. Usually the rear requires alignment once lowered. You can order the fluted bolts for the fronts. Most alignment shops should have the fluted bolts they're like 20 a piece.

If you lower I suggest getting koni yellows struts because theyre dampening adjustable. It adjust your ride comfort.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 E63 Estate | 09 & 10 Rx8 R3
I'm doing my shocks and springs tomorrow. If you grab a set of shocks we can do your car too. I have all the tools needed for the job. Including the fancy strut nut tool.

Send me a PM if you're interested. I'm in Mountain View.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by speed7
I'm doing my shocks and springs tomorrow. If you grab a set of shocks we can do your car too. I have all the tools needed for the job. Including the fancy strut nut tool.

Send me a PM if you're interested. I'm in Mountain View.

You should do myn too
Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 E63 Estate | 09 & 10 Rx8 R3
hahaha well I'm here to help out if I can. I've stockpiled all of the tools for these types of tasks. I have a single person brake bleeder kit from sears I was going to use tomorrow too. But if I can borrow your foot for my brakes that would make me feel better.

The only thing I have to get at harbor freight tomorrow are some punch tools or whatever you call them. For the brake pins.