C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New to the forum. Hello guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 c230 kompressor
New to the forum. Hello guys

What up dudes/ladies. Have a couple of questions.. i daily a bone stock 05 kompressor but the questions im going to have is for my buddies 03' kompressor.

first, on a 03 c230 kompressor, can i use 06 c230 headlights for swapping? 03 headlights are foggy already and i want to upgrade to a projector. also would like to swap tail lights as well.. thanks!

second, whats a good site to buy aftermarket parts from?
-longtube headers/exhaust
-pulleys
-intake
-misc custom body parts/interior pieces (carbon fiber panels/grill/spoiler)

pics of said cars..

my 05 kompressor - sorry for the ****ty quality taken with a cell phone years ago..

buddies 03 kompressor

Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Welcome to the forum.
First off the Headlights will be a direct swap and perfect fitment. As for the tail lights they will fit exactly the same it just uses different wiring so you might need to do some , I think theres a thread about how to do the conversion on the forum. As for intakes theres not really anyone who makes a special one for our cars so your best off just building one your self, I built mine with auto zone and ebay parts. Many people have told me that there is no point of putting a intake on the M271s because it really shows no gains.

As for other parts Ebays your best bet for aftermarket parts, the sponsors on here also have some great stuff. The best way to get parts are when members put theres up for sale because you can get them a lot cheeper because they are used.

Please make use the search function on the forum and also check out all the stickys too, welcome to the forum and I like the color of your car btw.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 PM

2005 C230
welcome! Always cool to have another bay area w203 driver!.

yeah peydiddy's right no point on spending money on performance.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:29 AM

2007 C280 4Matic
welcome....GET TO MODDING
Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 PM

C320 4Matic & GLK350 4Matic
Welcome & enjoy the car!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 PM

05 c230 kompressor
Originally Posted by Peydidy
Welcome to the forum.
First off the Headlights will be a direct swap and perfect fitment. As for the tail lights they will fit exactly the same it just uses different wiring so you might need to do some , I think theres a thread about how to do the conversion on the forum. As for intakes theres not really anyone who makes a special one for our cars so your best off just building one your self, I built mine with auto zone and ebay parts. Many people have told me that there is no point of putting a intake on the M271s because it really shows no gains.

As for other parts Ebays your best bet for aftermarket parts, the sponsors on here also have some great stuff. The best way to get parts are when members put theres up for sale because you can get them a lot cheeper because they are used.

Please make use the search function on the forum and also check out all the stickys too, welcome to the forum and I like the color of your car btw.
thank you... any specific seller on ebay that sells quality headlights? looking specifically for black housing headlights with the projectors.. i guess i will leave the intake stock.. i do however want to do exhaust real bad.. i know that would free up a couple of ponies since the car is supercharged..

Originally Posted by silvermamba
welcome! Always cool to have another bay area w203 driver!.

yeah peydiddy's right no point on spending money on performance.
thanks! these cars are unfortunately affordable that everyone and their mother has one. lol i remember a couple years back 2005, felt like a big baller with the car brand new off the lot.. lol and my car is staying stock... its my friends 03 that needs some exhaust.. i have a ls1 camaro for performance. lol im in vallejo fyi and my friend with the 03 kompressor is in oakland/emeryville..

Originally Posted by 2nice
welcome....GET TO MODDING
thanks!! you know, i think i would do a couple of appearance mods.. nothing performance on the 05..

Originally Posted by Tri-Star
Welcome & enjoy the car!
thanks.. i do enjoy the car.. best daily driver ever.. car takes a beating as if it was a honda civic.. seriously. if you see in the pics i took, one of them was in the mountains on dirt roads.. i literally drove the car as if it was a rally car and it handled reall good... just took all day to do a complete detail. lol
Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by vonskeezy28
thank you... any specific seller on ebay that sells quality headlights? looking specifically for black housing headlights with the projectors.. i guess i will leave the intake stock.. i do however want to do exhaust real bad.. i know that would free up a couple of ponies since the car is supercharged..
I would say just check out there feed back and make sure they have alot of good feedback, as long as they have good feed back I would say you'll be fine getting off them. I have been told that there isn't much gain with different intakes on our cars. This is the one I have:

Those are a little older pics, It looks different know, more straight with less bends and all in it