C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

good afttermarket alt for Parktronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI SportCoupé
good afttermarket alt for Parktronic

Hi,

I'd like to do an aftermarket install of a Parktronic-like device. I think I found the perfect device on the Waeco (german aftermarket mnft) site.

Installing this device is easy on the electrical part: one wire to ground and another to the reverse light. The speaker can go somewhere in the back where you can't see it. It's drilling three holes in the bumper and feeding the wires into the trunk I'm worried about. Does anybody know how to to this? Can it be as simple as drilling holes , feeding the wires trough the light housings and popping the sensors or or do you have to get the hole lot apart?

Also, can you paint the sensors with some coatings from a spray can?

Stevenb
Old 02-24-2002, 05:05 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 Kompressor
painting sensors

Well, at least two of the systems on the homepage you linked to has "paintable" sensors. Look for "überlackierbare Sensoren".

Heh, just realized you're from Belgium and probably speeks german fluently.... I think the OEM-system for the C-class is made by BOSCH. Check out their homepage. I don't know if they sell aftermarket systems though. Please let me know what you find out. Good luck! (or should I say Viel Glück!)

Last edited by DtS; 02-24-2002 at 05:09 PM.