C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Egr question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 c330
Egr question

So my car is at 194k. 02 C320 Wagon. We have had the p400 code for the longest as the same as the rough idle and car wanting to stall out at red lights. We took it to get the fuel pump changed in Feb.2012 and the mechanic told us that the egr valve was messed up. Here is my question everytime i searched i never seen someone change the valve, i seen you guys take out the tube and it was clogged up with carbon. Today i changed the VALVE, and tried taking out the tube, but encounterred a problem, the tube would come out of the manifold! It came out of the valve but not the manifold, does the tip have a bend or something? I slid it out but it wouldnt come out. On the plus side, i stuck a plastic hose in there to see if there was carbon, and no carbon built up on the tube, it was as clean and clear as a whistle so that didnt worry me. Ran the car, still have a LITTLE shake in idle but thats probably because of my plugs. Oh and i got home and got the check engine light for bank 1 and bank 2 running to lean? hope that doesnt deal with egr, thats probably from me putting a whole bottle of seafoam in the gas tank to clean out my dirty injectors and i only had half a tank. ANy tips?