C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

w203 c270 cdi turning over but wont start!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2012 | 12:47 PM

W203 C270 CDI 2001
w203 c270 cdi turning over but wont start!

Hi first time posting so be nice

I have a Mercedes c270 cdi 2001 which will not start it cranks but will not fire up it broke down when I was at the doctors and would not start again and fuel needle read there still fuel in it, so did some research on the forum and members were saying if the tank is 1/4 or less the car wont start and to fill it above that and give it a go so I did and it fired up, but two days later same thing car would not start so thought same thing put more fuel in even though the needle was above the 1/4 mark, used a little bit of easy start and it fired up again got me home and as soon as I got in the drive it cut out and would not start so checked the fuel lines and on cranking I could see air bubbles so changed the o ring for the fuel pipes and the fuel pressure regulater but still would not fire up but when I use easy start it will fire for 2 seconds and die, I have checked the fuel tanks and all fuel is in n/s where it should be as that's how the transfer system works as iv read, the n/s was so full it was dripping out as I pulled the sender out to have a look and the o/s had very little fuel my question is am I looking at new low pressure pump or a high pressure pump. Sorry for the long message but was trying to give you as much info as possable. Thank for your time and look forward to hearing from you.
Old 07-15-2012 | 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by HWK 111V
Hi first time posting so be nice

I have a Mercedes c270 cdi 2001 which will not start it cranks but will not fire up it broke down when I was at the doctors and would not start again and fuel needle read there still fuel in it, so did some research on the forum and members were saying if the tank is 1/4 or less the car wont start and to fill it above that and give it a go so I did and it fired up, but two days later same thing car would not start so thought same thing put more fuel in even though the needle was above the 1/4 mark, used a little bit of easy start and it fired up again got me home and as soon as I got in the drive it cut out and would not start so checked the fuel lines and on cranking I could see air bubbles so changed the o ring for the fuel pipes and the fuel pressure regulater but still would not fire up but when I use easy start it will fire for 2 seconds and die, I have checked the fuel tanks and all fuel is in n/s where it should be as that's how the transfer system works as iv read, the n/s was so full it was dripping out as I pulled the sender out to have a look and the o/s had very little fuel my question is am I looking at new low pressure pump or a high pressure pump. Sorry for the long message but was trying to give you as much info as possable. Thank for your time and look forward to hearing from you.
You may find more information & response on the MBWorld Diesel forum site.

Good luck,

JC