C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

CD Changer Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Coupe Kompressor 6mt
CD Changer Issue

So, today I used my cd changer on the way home from work and it worked fine. I went outside a little bit ago and the ejected the magazine and it was very warm. The car has been off for a few hours. I put a newly burned cd in the magazine and I put it back in and it made the usual noises came from it and then I pressed the CD button the radio said "no cd changer"

Any ideas? I searched and found nothing except the CD changer is shot. I find this hard to believe since it worked a few hours ago.

I'm a little worried that it is going to run the battery dead overnight tonight.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Search harder. I came up with a couple of threads within the past 3 weeks that are specifically related to your issue in 3 seconds. Consider it a challenge.

EDIT: OK, I'll be less of an a-hole.

Look here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...azine-fix.html

That should give you a good start in fixing your problem.

Last edited by tommy; 07-25-2012 at 01:06 AM. Reason: I'm just too damn nice!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by tommy
Search harder. I came up with a couple of threads within the past 3 weeks that are specifically related to your issue in 3 seconds. Consider it a challenge.

EDIT: OK, I'll be less of an a-hole.

Look here:

CD Changer No Magazine fix

That should give you a good start in fixing your problem.
mine says no cd changer. not no magazine. it doesn't even think the changer is there.

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 07-25-2012, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I have a set for sale if you decided you need a new one.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by jetta02awp
mine says no cd changer. not no magazine. it doesn't even think the changer is there.
Hmmm, didn't notice that, sorry. Obviously, it's not the fuse, since there's power there. Which would then limit it to either the connection from the changer to the headunit, the headunit itself, or the cd changer. I can't imagine that the connection would all of the sudden go bad, but on the other hand, it's the cheapest thing to replace. A used changer probably wouldn't cost too much on ebay, though I haven't checked, so if it's not the connection, that's the next domino to fall.

Of course, you could use this as excuse to completely upgrade the stereo in total.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by tommy
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetta02awp

Hmmm, didn't notice that, sorry. Obviously, it's not the fuse, since there's power there. Which would then limit it to either the connection from the changer to the headunit, the headunit itself, or the cd changer. I can't imagine that the connection would all of the sudden go bad, but on the other hand, it's the cheapest thing to replace. A used changer probably wouldn't cost too much on ebay, though I haven't checked, so if it's not the connection, that's the next domino to fall.

Of course, you could use this as excuse to completely upgrade the stereo in total.
The reason I posted this is because I can eject the magazine. All the threads I have read say the magazine is stuck. So it obviously has power.

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM

So, I unplugged the changer and plugged it back in and it started working again. After a few minutes it started acting up again to the point where it switched back to the radio and then said no cd changer again.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and the changer started working again. I switch back and forth between the radio and changer and the audio for both was cutting out, almost like it was being muted and unmuted. I started thinking that this was heat related.

I started the car and ran the AC and the longer it ran the less it was cutting out. I opened the center console to grab something and accidentally slammed it shut and it cut out again. I hit the lid with my hand and it cut out again and I heard some static through the speakers. I switched the radio back and forth between CD and radio and for a second I saw "no phone" on the display. When I hit the voice command stalk I started hearing static also.

I opened the center console and unplugged the stupid v60 coiled cord and the cutting out stopped completely.

I'm now thinking that there is a short in the coiled cord and possibly heat related.

It seems to be better. I'll let the car heat back up in the sun and see what happens then.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:45 PM

2006 C 280
CD Changer issue 2006 C280

Hi I am newbie and am amazed at how many things I can find.
Can someone please help me with this one.
I removed the CD Changer after getting messages like "No Magazine" and "CDC Error".
The Fuses are fine. The Radio and IN dash Player are also fine.
After removing the cover, it appears that CD 6 is engaged in the "Play" position. Is ther any way I can manually release it and push it back (left) into the magazine?
Attached Thumbnails CD Changer Issue-cd-changer-2.jpg