C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

3 quick AUX cable setup questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 c180 Kompressor, Avantgarde
Lightbulb 3 quick AUX cable setup questions

Hello everyone!

I have just recently purchased a 2006 c180

Been surfing the forum for the last 2 days and calling around but I am still slightly confused and stuck.

I have a few questions regarding the whole AUX cable setup.

1. When i hold down on the CDC button, it says AUX INPUT ENABLE. Now does this mean that all I have to do is buy an AUX cable to connect to my iPod? (Skipping the whole peeling back the passenger side door panel stuff?)

2. Do I need to order a special AUX cable from a MB Dealer or can I just buy any AUX cable from a regular shop?

3. Is the AUX cable port always hidden in the glove compartment? And if so, where is it exactly

Please help
Cheers
Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...layer-etc.html
Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 AM

2006 C230
come on man you know no one wants to read all that crap haha

luckily for OP, i did though. took me forever to figure out a quick 5 minute install going through all those pages.

yes, your car is ready to go. all you need to do is buy the cable and install it. the hard part is finding out the part number. for my 2006 c230, it was A2104405005. it may or may not be the same for you. once you figure it out, head on over to your mercedes dealer to request it, or buy it from getmercedesparts.com (where i got mine).

yes the port is in the glove compartment, but i rerouted my extended audio cable around to the cup holder.

by far one of the best mods ive done for my baby
Old 08-06-2012, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SemperFudge
come on man you know no one wants to read all that crap haha

luckily for OP, i did though. took me forever to figure out a quick 5 minute install going through all those pages.

yes, your car is ready to go. all you need to do is buy the cable and install it. the hard part is finding out the part number. for my 2006 c230, it was A2104405005. it may or may not be the same for you. once you figure it out, head on over to your mercedes dealer to request it, or buy it from getmercedesparts.com (where i got mine).

yes the port is in the glove compartment, but i rerouted my extended audio cable around to the cup holder.

by far one of the best mods ive done for my baby
Everything you just said was also said in the first 4 posts of the link. The point of the search button is to not have repeat threads like this one that come up with the same exact questions that have been explained many times. Its really not necessary to read it all when you can just search for the key words of your question and your good too go. Also there is no hard part about finding the part number at all. The part number is A 203 540 61 07 nothing hard about it...
Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 AM

2006 C230
Originally Posted by Peydidy
Everything you just said was also said in the first 4 posts of the link. The point of the search button is to not have repeat threads like this one that come up with the same exact questions that have been explained many times. Its really not necessary to read it all when you can just search for the key words of your question and your good too go. Also there is no hard part about finding the part number at all. The part number is A 203 540 61 07 nothing hard about it...
no its not that simple actually. the main post is about the 05. the 06 has a different connector and part number (as i listed). even the 07 has a different part number. if i didnt take the time to read it all, i would have gotten screwed because i would have bought the wrong part.

you dont even figure that out on the first page too, since the first few pages were made in 2004. youre a pro here and i really respect all your knowledge (i read all of your posts) but really, the right answer isnt always a link to an old thread. give the new guys a break once and a while, including myself. i still got a lot to learn too
Old 08-06-2012, 02:49 AM

2006 c180 Kompressor, Avantgarde
thank you for your help guys, i really appreciate it