C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Need Help with CD Changer!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Mercedes C240
Exclamation Need Help with CD Changer!!!

I just got around to buying a factory 6 cd changer for my 2001 mercedes c240 on ebay, which only has the cassette deck and radio. I arrived at my friends shop, only for him to tell me that he doesn't think my car is prewired for it. I drove over to the dealership and they said the same thing. My glovebox is bare, so there are no wires that are sticking out that I see, but I was positive that all c240s could have the changer installed. Are there cables hidden within the car, or how would I go about installing the cd changer, and if I cannot, can someone recommend a good fiber optic aftermarket stereo with aux, even though I do want to keep my steering wheel controls.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
if you do have the cd changer option itll be in the glove box on the top left side, there should be a harness, it might be tucked inside the console.

there arent really any fiber optic aftermarket radios, you just have to wire it differently to get it to work. for steering wheel control youll have to buy a separate module for it. I have the Metra Axxess
ASWC.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 ML350
phister is on target. Dig around and look for an orange fiber cable with a black end connector on it. Mercedes likes to hide them a little bit. There should also be a 12V wake -up wire that is comprised of two wires that end in a small plastic molex type plug. I can post a few pics a bit later of what they should look like. Bare in mind that you need a D2B style CD changer. The DB2 fiber ring was used through the 04 model year. Benz switched to a MOST style after that.

On an off chance, you may fish around in the trunk. Seems to me I have heard of a few early model years that had the CD changer in the trunk.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 ML350
You can also pull back your carpet on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel/console. Right about where the shifter is, pull back the carpet where it meets the plastic and it should reveal a nest of orange fiber cables. They all meet there and are ultimately looped into a ring. They should be labeled, and if you find one labeled CD or Ch for changer, you know you are pre-wired....